• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 02, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i really like the look of the AGs but would like to go up to a 25" from my 23" on my 782 does any one know if ill have clearence prob? also would like a beefy tire up front is there a larger front rim available

ROGER - Guy I bought my 982 from had a set of 26"-12.00X12's Firestones on His stock 782 at PD #1. He'd borrowed the wheels & tires. They were REALLY close to the fenders, maybe one-quarter inch clearance between the lugs and the sheetmetal. Have to be careful where You put your fingers!
He had Carlisle 26-12.00X12's on the 982 when I bought it....which I replaced with Firestone's after a couple years. The Firestones run small, barely 25" tall on the OEM wheels.

If your 25" or 26" tall tires are too close to the fenders of Your 782, say You want to run chains, the whole fender assembly can be spaced up with spacer blocks or washers. That's all IHC did on the SGT's.

ART - I considered putting 23-8.50X12 skid-steer tires on the 72 years ago. The older tread patterns looked a WHOLE lot like the old Ward's Riverside tractor tires from back in the 1940's/1950's. I actually think they'd make a great L&G tire. The casings are so stiff you could run them with Zero PSI. Since Firestone has basically stopped making the Floatation 23 Deg's I may put them on the 70 when it gets refurbished!

Denny broke the forum...

184957.gif

Kraig I like your IH work cloths, I got some quick seat time yesterday 2 inchs of white stuff. I am ready to degrease and wash the 129 before the motor reinstall.
With it in an unheated barn do you all think the degreaser will freeze if I let it soak over night the temp is down below freezing here at night.

KRAIG - At least I wasn't talking about baling hay!
lol.gif

Yes.. Stylish, yet functional... no chance of --->
wedgie.gif

Fast Help Needed.

I may do some snow plowing this Fri./Sat. with my 1250. I am affraid the turf tire/chain/wheel weight set-up I currently have, will tear up the brick sidewalks that I am going to plow. (My blade is already equipt with a rubber edge.) Can I use bar lug tractor style tires and no chains? There is very little slope to what I will be plowing.

poof.gif

This ain't the place for a Want Ad!
Charlie

Paul K - I wouldn't recommend using the chains on a brick/paver surface. The bricks will get scratched/marred or worse. Bar tires won't give you much traction (BTDT). If you have plenty of weight I think the turf tires will out pull the bar tires on hard surfaces. My 2 cents..

Charlie - Got my parts - Thanks. Only one complaint: You only sent me what I ordered instead of everything I need! I thought you had ESPN (I can see it now, The Cub Cadet Psychic!).

That beautiful new neutral/safety swich will help protect my grandson, but only if I also replace the missing "spring" flapper!
bash.gif

Guess I'll be back to the shopping cart tonite.

Greg, wouldn't that be just ESP?
1a_scratchhead.gif
You've been watching too much cable, eh?
wink.gif

Funny, Charlie. There's such a rush to get in there I can't get through with dial-up.
bash.gif

Back