Archive through February 01, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Tire photos for the tire page. These are what I have on my Original. I bought these used from a former forum member back in 2010. 6-12 Nankang "Power Trac" ags.

312442.jpg

312443.jpg

Attachments

• 312442.jpg
    312442.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 312443.jpg
    312443.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 312442.jpg
    312442.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 312443.jpg
    312443.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 162
Any one know how to remove the pivot pin from the front axle when it is stuck in the axle?
The roll pin is obviously broken on each end, and I cannot drive it out either.

I tried the big hammer trick on the donor, and that just mashed the channel together.
I also tried drilling out the pin, but it is too hard.

If I had a torch, I would have melted that sucker.
angry.gif
lazerburn.gif

Attachments

• lazerburn.gif
    lazerburn.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 123
  • angry.gif
    angry.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 124
  • angry.gif
    angry.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 126
  • lazerburn.gif
    lazerburn.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 129
Marty, "all of it" as in the whole tractor? If so.

312448.jpg

Attachments

• 312448.jpg
    312448.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 140
  • 312448.jpg
    312448.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 173
drool.gif
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• drool.gif
    drool.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 128
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 117
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 124
  • drool.gif
    drool.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 131
Marty, it's just a rough rattle can refurb. I didn't try to make it factory new. For example, I left dents in the hood because I feel it's part of it's history. To get the pivot pin out you may have to use a sawzall to cut the ends off of the pivot pin so you can at least get the axle out of the channel. Once you have the axle out you can get some penetrating oil in there and hopefully drive it out. Heat will help as well, even a simple propane torch. EDIT: Steve beat me.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 128
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 128
Dang, I was afraid of that!
feint.gif

Attachments

• feint.gif
    feint.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 123
  • feint.gif
    feint.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 121
The rattle can paint job or using a sawzall??

err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 125
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 121
Earl,
roflol.gif

Attachments

• roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 126
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 132
Marty G. After using the Sawzall drill a hole through the piece still in the axle. That allows for the stuck piece to have an area for the metal to go to when you are hammering on the pivot pin to remove it. I can't remember the drill bit size for the hole so just make a good size hole before hammering. If you had a coping saw the you could saw sideways on the pin almost to the edge of the axle and the pin would come out very easily. Take some pictures as you work on the critter so others will have a reference in the future.

Kraig M. what size are the front tires on K4K?

Anyone have any advise about a non engaging front pto on cub cadet 125 the front pto wiped out so I rebuilt it,the kit I bought had all new components with the exception of the front triangle shaped spring...any ideas guys I would appreciate

Still working on a diagnosis for my 106. 2nd and 3rd gears do not engage. 1st seems to slip out. If it's not the clutch. And the shifter forks don't look damaged what' my next step?

Ethan, go to the frequently asked questions up top, then the cubfaq, and I believe #7, how to adjust the mechanical PTO will help you out.

Ok just checked FAQs number seven is about set screws I got my pto off no problem and adjusted and rebuilt but after reinstalling the pto it still won't stop my qa36 blower

Ok earl I see it now I have that service manual and follow those instructions

Sorry Ethan, I've not messed with a mechanical PTO before. I thought maybe the instructions there would help. There are service manuals on here you can download and read through

Latest posts

Back