• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat K.
Ya know we have a parts lookup button at the top of every page.
thumbsup.gif

My 1st winter with a Cub to move snow taught me a few things....

1) When you get 16" of snow at once (New Years 1998/99) and 40 mph winds a 129 w/42" blade will not get you to the end of your drive without SERIOUS work (took 4 hours to break through to the road 80' away, and even then it took the neighbors loader tractor to finish the job.....the wing on the maintainer was level with my mail box out at the road and he pushed a big windrow off the end of it....ramming speed was required!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
)

2) Manual lift SUCKS!!!

3) Std. blade lift rods bend when you push up big piles of snow.

74550.jpg

74551.jpg

The next July I made a trip to Don Vogt's place for a complete 1450 hyd. lift and also ended up with an almost mint QA-36B......best $300 I spent on a Cub!!!! (but it looked kinda funny driving down the road on 4th of July weekend with a snow thrower in the truck!!!!)

Pat K-
Yes, that plug has to come out to get the pinion shaft out.

74562.jpg

You can see that this one was replaced when I had to take this tranny apart. (notice there is no paint on the plug.) I think I just popped a hole in it with a punch and a hammer, then pried it out with a small pry-bar.

Here's why I took the tranny apart.
happy.gif

74563.jpg

Why do you need to pull the pinion shaft out anyway? I hope it's not just to "clean" it?
confused.gif

Steve B-
You really need to get a 2-stage blower for that 782 of yours. It will turn that pea-shooter into fully automatic .50 caliber weapon!
biggrin.gif

BTW....I like the rear-light you have there. I may have to do that to my own snow-cannon.
happy.gif

Art,

The .50 cal full auto comes AFTER the full auto POWER STEERING!!!!

But first I have to get a 982 axle w/trailer hubs and PS under my loader tractor, before I tear up some more front wheel bearings.....

kentuck, where's the " better n new section " i looked all around the site. btw we just got 6 " here in ma. so me and cubby got a date w/ some flakes!.... be nice guys lol

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Kendell Ide (Kide) on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 05:02 pm:

...and that I know from dirt bike days which way to put the master link clip on....<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Ok, Kendell, I didn't have a dirt bike; which is the 'correct' way to put a master chain link on?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan D:
Like KentucK said....
It only takes one walk, pushing a Yamaha DT1 through the sand for a mile or so, to burn it into your memory...
censored.gif

Post edit .... That would be the direction of travel of the <u>chain</u>, not necessarily the bike (or Cub)
bubbly.gif

KENtuckyKEN / Kendell,

That's what I suspected, but I never had anyone tell me so!
THANKS GUYS!!
buttrock.gif
thumbsup.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

I has been over 4 years since I rebuilt the front pto clutch on my 100. Since day one I knew I didn't do it right because the clutch would slip in thick grass. I was always hoping it would eventually "seat in". Today I took the entire front end apart, removed the clutch, took it apart and checked everything. Couldn't find anything wrong. In fact, it looked great after 4 years of use.

I put the whole tractor back together, stood back, scratched my head, and figured out the problem.

Not gonna tell what it was (someone here surely knows already), but the 100 will kill itself before those blades stop now!

A fun few hours of wrenching on the Cub today anyway.....

To everyone North of the Equator:
74574.jpg

To Graeme and all the others the other side of the Earth's beltline:
74575.jpg

Wishing everyone a good, safe New Year, with lots of Cub wrenchin' and wridin' all year !!!!

Don:
You finally looped the belt UNDER the mule drive pulleys? Umm - you freed up the idler arm/tensioner on the desk? Couldn't have been negative clearance on the throwout button - it wouldn't last 4 hours, let alone 4 years - right? You tightened up the blade nuts on the spindles?? OK, somebody else's turn..
screwloose.gif

Aaytay; Thanks for the pics. I had to tear things apart to get at the internal brakes. The piston was froze up and I could not get it to move from the front. I am in the middle of a restoration on my 782 and took the oppurtunity to fix the brakes while the tractor was in pices. Hope to get it back together in the next month or so. Thanks for the help, have a good new year!

Close on the second guess Kendell.

Let's say the KISS theory got me again.

Latest posts

Back