• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 26, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbextermueller

displayname
Nic Bextermueller
Donald,

If you put a spool (posi-track or posi lock as you called it is a GM brand name product BTW, limited slip differential is the technical name. Sorry, just a pet peeve when people say that...)

Any ways, if you lock up that rear end, you'll never turn that front end on snow. With a locked rear end in the pullers and extended wheelbase AND 40-50lbs 3' out front on a weight bar, it's STILL hard to turn that tractor on a prepared dirt pulling track.

Nic

My diesel truck has a limited slip rear end . but I see what you are saying on a cub not so good . I guess I will have to run lot`s of weight and the two link chain on turfs and put up with a few scratches.

Is this a BB-36?
265955.jpg

265956.jpg

265957.jpg

Scott,
I think that is a CW-36.
Will it fit on an original? Yes, I think so, but you better wait and see if someone else responds.
Here is a pic of one on an Original. This might be someone's from the forum.
265973.jpg

That last picture is my first Original that had belonged to my Grandfather. (also my first Cub). I have other pictures if anyone has any doubts.
The CW-36 and front PTO were installed by the dealer.
Wow....that picture is from back in about '97 from my first house....first digital camera.
I guess this is a reminder that stuff you put on the internet is forever......

I've found that the chains slip on my concrete driveway when I'm stopping, and not so much when I'm pushing the snow (on my 147 w/ 2 link and weights.)

Rick,
Yeah, I never thought about having to have a front PTO to run the CW-36.
Scott,
I would prolly hold out for a BB-36. But that's just my 2¢ Unless you have one of the later O's that has the front PTO.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Scott A., as the others have mentioned that is a CW36. It would be possible to use that *IF* you were to install a front PTO on your Original. Back in the day there was a dealer installed option of a front PTO for the Original. The engagement lever and associated linkages are very rare to find. The mechanical PTO clutch itself is pretty much the same as on any other Cub Cadet. There was a guy on here years back that made the lever and some other parts. In case you're the adventurous type and might want to try to fab up the parts, here's some photos.

265975.jpg

265976.jpg

265977.jpg

265978.jpg

265979.jpg

265980.jpg

265981.jpg

265982.jpg

265983.jpg

Scott "A",
I THINK I OWNED THAT TRACTOR AT ONE TIME!! Not too many with that but ugly color. Am I seeing a creeper in it?

I think I still have some of those Original front PTO parts on the shelf that I made a while back.

Mike, The "O" I got from you w/the blade this fall had the PTO on front but whoever did it had moved the grill forward a bit for clearance,

I have a BB36 mounted on it now and reverted back to the OEM setup w/belt idler. I had to locate a smaller crank pulley though so the belt would clear the frame opening. Pictures of this were posted back when I was doing the install. I have yet to try it out cuz I still need to fab up the clutch rod.

This is my first post to the forum, but definitely not my first time looking through the forum, I've been searching here for answers to my many cub cadet questions for a few years now. I do have one question that I haven't found a clear answer to, and was hoping someone here could help.

I currently am the proud owner of a 122, and would like to add a transmission driven pto in the near future. I also have '51 cub that barely survived a barn fire we had a few years back.

My question is, would it be worth it to try and remove the pto off the cub for use in my 122. I do know that the cub and 122 have a few different parts that I would need to get, but a majority of the parts are the same.

My Original with the PTO from waaay back had a 2nd set of holes drilled in the frame approx. .75" to move the grill ahead for the PTO set-up.
It was done by the dealer on that one.

Jacob Greer

well you waited a bit
groupwave.gif
but welcome. I was told since that everything was the same in both tractors. I too would like to know for sure.
WELCOME.gif

Jacob, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

I believe it's the main shaft that is different between the Cub and Cub Cadet rear PTO. This is also the part of the rear PTO setup that is hardest to find.

The top shaft from the Farmall Cub has to be machined a bit to put rear PTO in a Cub Cadet.
I don't remember all the details but was told that by a guy that was selling kits at Little G show a few years ago. He was getting 300 dollars for all the parts.

Mike F

I under stood a rear end PTO from his post (add a transmission driven pto ) a front PTO would be crank driven.
1a_scratchhead.gif
265987.gif

Well, after about 2+ years, finally got the 782, 782 parts tractor and blower home today. YIKES! The feathers will fly when the wife goes to the garage next time!
rant.gif
rant.gif
jawdrop.gif
angry.gif

She just doesn't understand! Heck, I have a wide frame blower for the 82 series tractor or older, I have a 782 that needs a good going over to put it on, and I have a 100 that needs a kick in the a$$ to find out why it will not start for me! Throw in a narrow frame blade as well. All that iron sitting there and can't use it for one reason or another. SO..... Home came the 782 from hiding and the blower too! My body is taking one heck of a beat'n with the shoveling of snow and using the big walk behind blower I bought 5 years ago. The older I get and the more the arthritus and brucitus sets in, the harder it is doing work around here. Can't rely on the son to do it, he's hardly ever around and well, the wife can't shovel more than 15 mintues and she has her back popped out of joint so things need to change! Don't matter if she likes it or not!
animatedihbear.gif

List of things to be done to 782;
engine work, find the leak at the front end or was the po a slob and run the engine oil over the front of engine?
carb
clean fuel tank
change oil
front tires, or at least tubes
replace dash plastic
replace pastic hood bird
fix mesh around front lights
new battery
fix floor board rubbers
new tie rod (bent it getting it onto the trailer - don't ask!)
new seat or at least a make shift cover for now
chains
re-install the rear weights
load back tires

This is just what I know of by quickly looking it over - hopefully able to dive into it more over the weekend?

Got another 1/2 inch of snow last night, didn't bother blowing it out of the drive though, heck with that, not that energetic!

265991.jpg

265992.jpg

Latest posts

Back