• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 21, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig... Looks like a great hiding place away from the world! A tent and the Mrs. and I'd be set!! Great pic!!}

Ron, Joel, Don, thanks.
happy.gif

With the cabin there I have never pitched a tent on the 40. However it is only a few miles away from the Upper St. Croix River, the Namekagon River and the Totagatic River. I have canoe camped along the Namekagon and Totagatic on many occasions.
happy.gif

Kraig, nice pic, are there fish in it or is to small?

Jeff, thanks.
happy.gif
There are some rather small fish of unknown variety in the spring hole. The small lake that the spring feeds into has/had Trout in it as well as Northern Pike, Crappie and I believe some Bass. Here's a Google Earth screen capture of the area. The red square is the approximate outline of the 40. The cabin is in the upper right, North West Corner, of the 40. Note the red dot, that is about where I was standing when I took the photo of the spring hole. There is a 70 foot elevation change between where the cabin is and where the spring hole is. It's not as flat of terrain as it looks.

286126.jpg

One of my brother in laws caught this in the small lake a few years back. He released it after he took the photo.

286127.jpg

Kraig, very cool, my girls love fishing and we only do catch and release.

Kraig, ever get UFO watchers up there? That lake looks like some sort of alien being ! Maybe you could sell tickets for a tour of it !
whistling.gif
facepalm.gif

More to the point, the land to the top anf right have a different texture, some sort of tree farm? And to the left is seems a little more water there would green things up.

Allen, no aliens that I'm aware of... The 40 is surrounded by thousands of acres of county forest land, except for the 40 that is diagonally to the South West, that 40 is also privately owned. Those are recently planted (within the last 20 years or so) Red Pines. The trees to the left (West) are Oaks and I believe the photo was taken in spring when the Oak trees still had the previous years leaves on and they are reddish brown.

Latest posts

Back