• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaton

displayname
Todd Heaton
74069.jpg

Dont know what happened to my last post but here is the pic

Todd..
you have been bitten by the "archive bug".. welcome!

Todd, this
pcwhack.gif
happened to you. As Scott pointed out you were bitten by the "Archive bug".

Todd, if you try to upload a pic on the last posting to a thread it won't show the photo you are trying to upload. aka, "Archive Bug".

Hi all, I got a question, I have a steering column that I took out of an original that just looks a little different than the normal ones I see, it has a bigger bolt that goes through it and the bottom of the column looks just a little bit different, you can put a cotter pin in it to hold the adjustment. I believe it to be for an original, just never seen anything like it? I don't have a picture right now, but can get one if that would help. Thanks Ryan

Ryan, different then the steering column from other Originals or from other Cub Cadets? The Original uses a different steering column then the rest of the Cub Cadets, the drag link is off of the right side instead of the left side.

Kraig, different from other originals, I can post a picture tomorrow if that will help, it's just little differences, and it was black like it was new at some point other than when the tractor was new.

I hate this kinda crap, but here it is for all to see.
I even called Jeff and he hung up on me when I asked what the deal is.
I just got this email,
I thought that you might want to know about Jeff Walters,
as I see he is trying to buy parts or trade for parts. Me and Jeff had
a deal trading, my B&S V-twin 16, for his K 301. Well guess what I got
conned. Sent him my engine, he was going to send my back the K 301 in
my shipping crate. Well it has been one month and no engine. Called
him a couple of times and he hangs up. Sent 6 E-Mails no return. The
reason that I am sending you this E-Mail is: I do not want this to
happen to anyone else on this site. I was going to post it but I am
not sure if this would be the correct thing to do. You being the
moderator I thoght you should to know about this. Happy Holidays and
Thank You for your time. Don B.

Hello guys, new to the board AND Cubs as well. Heres the deal. I am interested in a platform for building a piece of equipment similar to a J.D. Gator to work at my farm with. My friend has a 1872 and its full hydro and it seems perfect. Heres what I want to build and maybe you guys can tell me whats maybe better.
1) power steering for making it a sprung suspension- this is easier than links to work around. 2) full hydro trans for ease of use 3) pto on back for obvious reasons 4) maybe a granny gear
My final goal would be this- a 2 man side by side, extended wheelbase double rear axle rig with a tilt bed. Up front driven off of the belts would be a regular alternator for suppling voltage to an inverter for 110v power in the field. A york AC compressor for running air tools, and another standalone alternator to run as a DC welder. All of these accessories are on my Jeep CJ rockcrawler and are totally functional- you will wonder how you ever lived without them! Anyway, I have a large piece of property that needs a true workhorse and this seems like a dang good platform to start with. Whatcha think- is this blasfame to the Cub crowd? I have a tractor, but a little runabout would be nice. I can easily build this, but I dont want to start piecemeal. I want a known running rig. Thanks for any input.

This 782 is my work horse. It's the one I mow with as well as push snow. This central Indiana snow was almost too much, especially without chains.
William
74081.jpg

I got my clutch parts on the way, so I started looking at the engine side of the driveline. I am sure someone out there knows what this pulley is for. It appears to use a 3/8 belt. The engine in my 128 is a transplant 1967 K301A. Is this pulley possibly for a hydro pump mounted on the outside of the frame as I have seen? Also it has 2 slots that to me look like spots for a rope starter
74086.jpg

74087.jpg

Charlie - I thought once or twice about telling you I didn't like his "attitude" from the way he post but I didn't ...

Charles - Why ruin a good cub? A "double axle" in the rear wont work unless you have them independently sprung. There's a pic of one around here somewhere that a guy built like a Gator that didn't work so well. The front came off the ground.
I know I know it's a "JEEP Thing" ... ;)
74090.gif

Todd - It's a "wrap it and start it" pulley.
To big to drive a pump. It'd speed it w-a-y up to much. It will also run a gen/starter.

Kentuck, thanks for the info. Is my pulley from a cubbie? If so what did she run in 67 or was it just the wind her up rope start. This setup work(ed) fine on the 128, I am just curious

William Best-
You've got some great looking tractors there!
thumbsup_old.gif
I like the picture of you in the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> hat on your profile.

Charles M-
Welcome to the forum.

That sounds like a neat project you have planned. Ironically, there's some nut-job named "Kraig" who hangs around here that wants to do the same thing.

Don't worry, you won't have to hunt him down. He'll find you...
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back