• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 19, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having serious problems posting pics. Am I just drunk or is there a different way to do it now?

Let me see if it works from FIB land......

14604.jpg

Question.....
Is there some reason why a shifter on one of my cubs would be too tight rather than somewhat loose? There just isnt a lot of play in the one on the 71 I have but the shifters on my 100 and 128 have some "slop" in them. The one in the 71 is so tight it is difficult to shift into a different gear. It's as if the gears wouldnt line up when you shift gears. Anybody have a clue as to what is going on here?

Just finished rebuilding the 1200 that my wife uses to mow the yard. Had an interesting problem. The cylinder head had a crack through the combustion dome on the same side as the sparkplug. Then it developed a pinhole and ate out the outside area around the hole. Crack was large enough to see and the hole was large enough to stick a safety pin through. Never have seen anything like this. Have torched heads on the gasket rail but nothig like this.

I knew it had lost power and compression but never heard anything to indicate that this hole was there. Spotted it when cleaning the head. I just though the rings were bad. It had started to show a little white smoke.

This is the second head I have trashed on this engine. Running out of extra heads. Had to rob from other engines that are waiting to be rebuilt.

Who makes the best seat cushion replacement for the Q/L seats?

Need to replace 4 on my 1200's and 1450's.

Charley M.

Been over in your neighborhood stealing cubs. Got a 1450 in your area to pick up after christmas. Hope you don't mind.

Had a nice visit from Matt and Dave G. today. Obviously you fellas made it home okay!
wink.gif

Great Cub day today. I finally got the last stripped out set screw out of the 10hp that will be placed in my Original (Hotdog)<font size="-2">the name sort of caught on... Thanks Bryan(sarcasm)</font> I put the pulleys from the 7hp on but first, polished the shaft, greased her up and slid it in. Now it is just waiting for the 7hp to be removed, make the proper hole for the oil plug, drill out the nuts, and let her in her new home. Then I will get it fired up. I need to make an Aytayesk rendition of the pedestal, and the grill spacers. (I have a few ideas, and when I am done, I will post my rendition.)

Jeff-
Don't forget about that special "lowrider" fuel tank bracket....unless you want to cut a hole in the hood for the gas cap.
uhoh.gif

By the way...
Instead of wasting your time drilling out those engine mount nuts, just take a stout chisel and a BFH and knock them off from the back side.

Been there, done that....

Kevin-

When we got home I looked at the 128 a little closer and found the hood latches on the tractor...but they were broken and bent and mangled. I'll have to use the other set anyway...

Ryan Mull,

Did the mail man get the package to you OK????

Frank M. HEY! CUT THAT OUT! I "lost" a 125 2 weekends ago and am still ticked-off. The price was OK and I hesitated, hoping to pick it up for a "good" price. It needed a few parts, and the owner couldn't get it started so I acted uninterested. Then I got home and thought of all the reasons I really need another cub. It was gone by the time I got back.

Everyone, HELP. My 106 has started jumping out of third gear. I was going up a hill at full throttle, then I wasn't. What is this a sign of?

Gentlemen, Another problem I've become aware of on the 106 is that the right front wheel wobbles. I thought it was bad bearings ( they did have some play in them) so I replaced them yesterday. After re-assembly, I found that the wheel still wobbles. Can the wheel get bent in a manner that causes it to always run funny? I looked closer, and the outboard bearing doesn't stay seated in the wheel, either. This does't really seem to be the cause of all the wobble, but I realize it is a destabilizing factor. Any past experiences to help me? What is the best source for wheels (front and rear) ??

CJM

$1000 in my Yellow and White stocking?

Hydraulics for the 127 and a good start on my 8x12 Cub shed (to be built, not bought).

$1000 Cub Cash, a Hobart Handler 135 welder should come in handy for the Custom Cub and various attachments I have in mind. I'd rebuild the 'spare' K301 I have in the garage and if there was enough left I'd rebuild the K161 in the "K4K" Original.

Rich, 8x12 will NOT be big enough! Better invest that $1000 in used Cubs to part out so you'll have enough to build at a minimum a 10x18 shed or a better minimum a 12x24 shed.
<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Latest posts

Back