• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 19, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,

My friend has once again expressed interest in showing the plow day picture of the line of cubs plowing up the hill on his television show. I believe you are the photographer on that shot, but am not sure. If you would email me with a statement that it is alright for him to use the picture, he would appreciate it. I will forward a copy of the release to him. Also, if you would send (email) files of the best of those pictures at the best resolution you have, I will get them to him so he can use the best available. If they are someone else's pics, let me know. Thanks.
CJM

Charles-

How about trying one of the aforementioned sponsors for a new or pre-tested wheel.

Kraig-
That's a whole lotta round tuit for one little shop!!
14620.jpg

12x24 isn't big enough either!!!!! I built a 12x20 to go with my existing 10x16 and it's still not enough room!!!!!

Kraig,

Might as well drop the extra 2 bill s for the Hobart 175.....I kinda wish I would have, but I'm still more than pleased with the 135 (It's done everything I've asked of it, then some....).

Kraig- I know it will be tight, but I have another shed out back (but down a hill). My property slopes down from the road, plateaus for the house, and slopes down again all the way until the rear property line. No problems in the summer, but once stuff goes in there for winter, it's pretty much committed to that spot for the season. This year, that's the original, the 108, my mowing decks and patio furniture.

8 x 12 Size is based on the available spot within the plateau, and 100 sq. ft. limit set by the zoning code for any structure outside the building envelope. In other words, if you want to stick a shed right on the property line, you gotta follow the rules.

The new 8x12 will sit right at the bottom of my driveway and give my winter-duty cubs access to the driveway, but only be about 30 ft. from my garage door. This should ease the jockying I now do in the garage when snow is on the way. Right now, I have to decide, given the weather, from day to day, whether the 127 blocks my wife's Jeep, or vice-versa. Factor in a fairly large woodworking bench, and I have too many close calls for my car's and the Jeep's paint remaining intact. 8x12 will be enough to get a lot of yard tools out of the garage, and most importantly, be able to park two Cubs with winter implements on `em.

After the shed gets built in the spring, I'll set my sights on a WF or x82 hydro and QA42a to partner up with the 127 and blade. . .can dream, can't I?

Just popping in to say "Happy Holidays" to everyone. May you have safe travelling and a healthy and CC prosperous 2004. Dave

I'm at 20x20 at home, Mustang, 169 & a couple attachments inside there, along with the shop half. For $45 a month I've got a 12x24 unit where the race car, implements, and sometimes even the trailer resides. Right now until I find a lathe space isn't a problem.

Someday I'll build a nice roomy octagonal shop with a mezzanine pub.

Here's a question for all you machinists out there...

I'm attempting to do the front end upgrade involving replacing the stock 3/4" spindles and regular wheels with the 1" axles with trailer hubs, etc.. I bought a set of Blu-mol bimetal hole saws to cut the hole in the steering knuckle(?) to fit the new stub axle. I have the hole saw mounted in a cheapo drill press but it doesn't seem to cut more than about a milimeter or so into the metal. I've tried using oil, no oil, lots of pressure, very little pressure but it there's no cutting going on. The only thing I can think of (besides the hole saw being crap) is that my drill press is spinning too fast. The recommended speed is ~300RPM and the slowest setting on the drill press is ~700RPM. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Wyatt, email me with your current address, I have a wooden "round TUIT" that I'll mail you. :eek:)

Steve, agreed! I built a 10x18 shed to hold me over until I could build my pole barn and it is waaaaaaay to small.

Charles M., I took some of the photos, perhaps I took the photo you are referring to. If you could direct me to the exact photo he'd like to use I could likely tell you who took it. On the other hand, would your friend prefer a video clip? I know I took the video! :eek:)

Ian...

blu-mol saws are pretty good, but you need 'cutting' or 'tap' oil, and very low speed. the box should have a recommended speed, or check the machinist's handbook. i've had better luck with starrett or milwaukee saws. try you hand VSD drill at slower speed

of course, milwaukee is prolly' the fav of the rest of the forum who are behind the 'cheddar curtain'...
biggrin.gif

Here's a plan I'm trying to get bids on for a cub & deere barn.
14623.jpg

And plan variation# 2
Kind of like Charlie's nice cub barn!
happy.gif

14622.jpg

It would be built on the existing 26' by 48' concrete block foundation and floor of the old hog house. No shop area in this barn. I'm figuring on converting part of the machine shed into a heated shop that will be the 32' width of the building and 20' of the length. Then I can take all my tools and toys home from my work place and play with them there!
happy.gif

Merry Christmas again everyone! Be safe!
happy.gif

regarding garages, i think the best size is when you refer to it as " a four car garage with an attached three-bedroom house"

biggrin.gif

Scott T. -

Actually, everyone I talk to up there HATES Milwaukee. Oh, you mean the tools...
lol.gif

Ian-
You might have spun it too fast, heated up the teeth and dulled them. I haven't been a big fan of hole saws, haven't found any that work well in any metal but real thin stuff. (three holes in the firewall of the race car took care of a Milwaukee hole saw for me)

$1000 would go a long way on getting me the TIG I need or a Vertical Mill. Either would be fine so I can do more cub work.

Still looking for info on who makes/sells the best seat replacement material for the Q/L's.

Wyatt, you cut holes in the firewall of the Capri!?!?!? For what?

Kraig's crying right now...
Good one Wyatt!
beerchug.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on December 22, 2003)

Here comes the archive bug!
animatedbear.gif

(Message edited by wcompton on December 22, 2003)

Latest posts

Back