• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 19, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

twoodrum

Thousand bucks cub only huh????hmmmm....

Original parts n pieces....
fenders
creeper
paint
decals
headlights
rear lift
grote
tool box
dual 6-12's
two sets of IH wheel weights.....
I think I'm over budget already!!!!

Tedd....it is nice ta dream.....

Howdy Yall....
Just tot I'd stop in and say Hay...."Hay"....

If I has a thousand bucks I would have fuel/hotel money to go to every plowday next year. My 149 would get a paint job.The rest will go to buy/restore a round fender Cub.

Hope eyeryone has a Merry Christmas.

(Message edited by dmerkle on December 19, 2003)

Jeff P.-
It's yellow...

Jeff "blah, blah" Richardson-
Lemme know if you need me to dig up the bearing and seal numbers for that creeper rebuild. BTW...You had mail....

$1000?? I'd hire an overpriced webmaster to start a website offering Cub Cadet parts, and buy some inventory!!

$1000 Cub-only money. I guess some brand new "store-bought boobies" for Momma are out of the running then, huh? Well, then in that case, I'd opt for MORE POWER. But that's just me...

$1000 in cub money???The new 149 would get it's paint job and I would make it to a plowday. That would pretty much do it.

Lets see $1000. to blow on Cub Cadet stuff.

No way in hell am I buying the over priced, poor quality, Xerox reprint manuals/parts books on eaby, so that's out.

Keith, I like the "Store bought Boobs" idea, they are ALWAYS are nice to have, but that's out too 'cause it's Cub Cadet only. Hmmmmmmmmmm

I know!! I'd get a Cat "O" for the 782D, that'a about $400+. Next would be a set of Firestone 23 degree ags for the same tractor, that's about $250. I think a "Older" version Brinly disc is still needed (Bryan please don't
poof.gif
) now that's about $75. Got some manuals for the 782D ordered from Ken Updike (stilllll waiting for Cub Cadet/MTD)(and not the crap from ebay) I think that was $40 bucks. That brings the total to $765. The last $235 I think I would hang on to till the next Plow Day comes around, were ever it might be, for other goodies and Cub Cadet fun.

p.s. Please forward this to Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, or whoevr might "come through" with the goods.

I would spend $1000.00 on getting my 127 going. Rebuild the motor, new paint and tires. Plus get a plow to use at future plow days.
14592.jpg

If I had a grand I'd repaint my "Hotdog" Original the proper colors...
roflol.gif

14594.jpg

Art, I prolly should respond... Just thought I'd take 3 months to get back to ya... ;)

If I had $1K of cub $$ to spend......I'd have a Brand X bonfire (complete with FREE food and "tools") for anyone that wanted to attend.
happy.gif

Oh....I'd buy Travis some Kryptonite padlocks too.

Jeff,

I though that original was the "proper" color when I sold it to you........but I DO like the 82 series.
bubbly.gif

Hello,
I have a 1650 and the lift slowly creeps down even though the tractor is running. What causes this and how do I fix it?
Thanks in advance,
Kent

Kent B,
My 1650 was doing the same thing. I replaced the hydraulic cylinder which helped when cold but finally replaced the hydraulic valve and now it holds the snowthrower up for hours.

$1000 cub only fund? I would pay the big bucks for that 13 fin K341 to put in my 169. And all the cubs would get new paint and decals and I would find me a 59M chipper/shredder. The rest would be put aside for plow day fuel and motel rooms. I may even pick up an off colored machine just so it could sit in the shed green with envy watching all the cubs having all the fun doing all the work. When I was done with it, I would give it to Ken for his burnt offering.

$1000?....

I'd buy a 169 with a snowthrower, deck, cab and rear blade. (O.K. so I'm counting on getting a good deal...)

Or I could buy half of a <font color="119911">140</font>....
roflol.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on December 20, 2003)

$1000.....

Well that would probably be enough to finish out the 2149 loader project, all done-up right with new hoses, new tubing, fresh paint, etc.

OR....

I could sell ALL of my current Cub Cadet stuff, add the $1000 to it and MAYBE have enough to buy a single beat up 318 all decked out with the equipment equal to my current inventory......NOT LIKELY THAT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......I'll just finish the loader!!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Better yet.........

I'm takin' all of the Cubs to Disney World!!!!!!!!

(Can you see Little Steven on the 169 chasing Mickey?!?!?!?!?!?)

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I could sell ALL of my current Cub Cadet stuff....and buy a 318.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Now there's a scary thought!

Steve??? Are you feelin' alright???? Hello?? Steve???

(Message edited by aaytay on December 20, 2003)

Spent the day doing very non-Cub stuff. Monica and I decided that Christmas gifts to eachother would come in the form of CD changers for the van and truck. I let my fingers do the work and the big brown truck dropped of 2 Pioneer 12 disc RF changers last night. Spent the day pulling dash trim, radios, and seats out of a Caravan and an F-150. 6 hours, 0 cussing, and one tank of LP for the heater later I was done with both and switching between Bob & Tom, Eric Clapton, and the Blues Brothers at will........Generally a very fun and successfull day.....with no F-up's!!!!!!!!!! (and with all of that plastic trim, that's saying something!!!!)

(Message edited by sblunier on December 20, 2003)

Latest posts

Back