• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 19, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got chance to do some plowing... We got about 6 inches. Also got to do some donuts with the cub, after my chains fell off...lol Anyone out there have any ideas about tightening chains? They seem awful loose. Should I put them on with the tires deflated?

14600.jpg

14601.jpg

14602.jpg

Tim,

You have to jack up the tractor and work the chains until they are TIGHT. If you don't have to use a Channel Lock's to get the closures snapped, then they are too loose!!!!

Hook the inside one link tighter than the outside and use tarp straps on the outside in a criss-cross pattern to keep the tension on the chains.

Also, wire the closures shut.

Art,

Notice I made clear what WOULDN'T be happening!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Pat, Yellow and White is the only way to go. <font size="-2">at least for me</font>

Hey, now - be careful with the feelings of us bi-tractorial guys. If you had a 318, I'm pretty sure you'd like it alot. I like mine, but I wouldn't trade all my Cub stuff away to get one - I like having both. My 318's got the hydraulic lift, hydraulic angle, down-pressure blade on it and that makes the job of moving snow even more fun. When you've got the front wheels a few inches off the ground, steering it with the individual brakes & you're chipping ice up off the street, driveway and sidewalks, it makes for a ton of fun.

More on topic, I fired up the 129+ yesterday and took my daughter for a saucer ride in the snow. She had a blast! I put her in a power slide by running in circles until she took a pretty majestic spill. I guess she'd had enough snow packin' and decided to go inside. What fun. Bring's back memories of when my Dad would take us sleding behind our old Farmall 460 Diesel. Good stuff!

Have a great day! Keith

Charlie,
Something in the back of my head says "Mowing 2' tall weeds in third gear" comes to mind looking at that picture????

Hey Mike,
If you are checking in here before you head out, bring one of those diamond plate clutch covers for a narrow frame along!

roflol.gif

Tom/Charlie -

Toooooo funny...

Tom -

Y'all can send Mike over here when you're done with him
lol.gif

Here's a question: How do I adjust a Walbro carb that's on the KT-17 (series II) in my 682s? I downloaded the manuals from Kohler, but they don't seem to address this carb, and it doesn't have a high speed needle like the carb on the KT-17 (series I) in my 782.

Mike,

See if it has a high speed needle under the float bowl, up thru the center of the nut that holds the bowl on.

Some late model Walbros had this adjustment

Mike J. -

Didja try looking at the K-series (single cylinder) manual? My print copy covers a Walbro carb, perhaps it's close enough to get you going.

Under edit -

Looked at the print K-series manual, this Walbro is shown on pages 6.14 and 6.15, and the initial needle settings for both needles is shown in the chart for the KT-17.

Bryan,

It was in the K-Series manual, just as you suggested. 1.25 turns from the bottom, and adjust while idling. I wonder why it's not covered in the KT series manuals...

--Mike

(Message edited by jmjackson on December 21, 2003)

Latest posts

Back