• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 18, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akleyla

displayname
Amy J. Kleyla
Omg Harry....you just didn't go there did you ? Ha ha too funny.

I added about 4.5" to my snow thrower so I can go through some bigger drifts. I sure could've used this last year.
err.gif

Just thought I'd share.
292692.jpg

Looks like that garage art could be gett'in a little chill dressed like that. Oh and nice cubs. Maybe some other pic of that soft cab?

292702.jpg

292703.jpg

So I have got started on the lower frame for my snowcab. I need to add the sheet metal on this part then start with the front brackets so I can start the walls. Its a work in progress...I dont have the time to put into it like I wanted too right now but a lil at a time is better than not at all....

I will be glad to get my tig welder back tonight...ive been using a lil buzz box and its been driving me crazy...lol

Impressive start! (Says he who can't weld).
happy.gif

Small question:

292706.jpg

Has anyone tried this connecting rod system?
happy.gif

DAVID A CALKINS
Frank and I have talked and I thought an incert on the crank would add years to a great running Cub . I have yet to prove it but some day I will.

If a retired machinist says it works it must!

Don: I can't search your 6290 posts for pics of that multi coloured 122. Can you post it again?
happy.gif

I've got a pen and a phone, can I be President?
happy.gif

Hello IHCC,
So I’m surfing the archives of hydro restorations projects and posts keep commenting “don’t paint over the breather on the hydro”. So I head out to the 107, that I have had for
12 years, and there is a painted over depression on the top of the casting. So how is the best way to clean it out. I just change the oil and filter and would hate to contaminate it.
Thanks,
Frank

If it's worked with paint on it for 12 years, I wouldn't waste much time worrying over it now!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank W,

Run the shop vac right next to the hole as you clean it so all the particles get sucked up instead of falling down.

Yeah,
I'm with Steve on this one. If the 107's working fine, I'd leave the breather as is. What's the old saying, "if it aint' broke, don't fix it.........."

Frank and Don,

I had a Kohler K321 14HP engine rebuilt a number of years ago now that I had the fellow doing the work install inserts in the rod. I had all this work done to salvage a marginal crankshaft that was kind of odd and not readily available. They ground the crank and used "Clevite" inserts that at that time were available for some current auto. This was around '94-'95. I do remember that the machinest told me he used bolts from a Ford Windsor block rod and he told me he had to clear the Kohler block in a couple of areas to allow these bolts to pass. When they finished with that engine it was an excellent runner. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the darn thing long enough to be able to atest to any longevity!

Gary H.

Frank
this cub has a 14k in it . well today we got our first snow. I don`t think I will need anything more than a broom for clean up.

292723.jpg

292724.jpg

OK, Don T. I'm guessing it's a 109 or 129 that someone put a 14hp in. Or . . . it's a 149 with manual lift?
happy.gif

292728.jpg
happy.gif

Or . . what's the story on the tunnel cover. What's the serial number on that puppy? It's NOT a 122 and it IS a wideframe.
happy.gif

BTW, the breather is sintered brass, paint flakes won't fall into the trans through it.

It is similar to the old metal fuel filter elements.

Frank, I believe that is a gear drive, so maybe a 148.

Steve thanks I was looking for the name of that. Basicly once its pressed into the rear end it stays, and if painted over , its not the end of the units life. In reality there is probaly enough small leaks that it wont matter, BUT it only takes a minute with a small wire brush to clean it..just my 2 cents

Back