• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melody S.
Snide remark forth coming.

By all means go to an online site and buy an off brand that you will have to modify to make work.
Forget the fact that our sponsors go to great lengths to have the parts we need for our Cubs that others don't bother to even stock!

Rodney,
I have been to every Cubarama. Living only 40 miles from it helps. The 2011 Cubarama should be a good one. Their is a big IH auction to take place the same weekend, a block up the street, in a huge old building.

i guessed the light switch, but then i also realized that my ignition switch has 4 positions. off, run, run with accessories, and start. i assumed that the ignition switch operates the headlights. maybe this is not the original ignition switch for this machine?

Howdy from the center of the state! I never knew there were so many Cub guys in MO. I am (still) looking for my first Cub - I have some of those other tractors now.

Charlie, I knew I was setting myself up for a beating! I'll be in touch after the holidays.

Melody S,
If you asked the question then you know the answer. Nothings worse than a cub someone butchered to save a buck.
bottom.gif

Melody S.
There's no less than 4 sponsors that sell what you need.
Not only to you, but everybody!

DON'T stick to one sponsor to buy stuff!
Check'um all out before you place an order.

Just because they don't all have pics on their sites, doesn't mean they don't have the stuff you need.
thumbsup_old.gif

ANDREW - Sounds like somebody in the last 40 yrs stuck an ign. switch from a newer tractor in your 147 which can run lights. But in my opinion I'd run them with a separate switch with their own fuse powered off the starter solenoid or direct from the battery. The fewer things running thru the ign. switch the better.

My 982 has the stock factory sealed beam headlights but I've put cute little chrome backup lights on my other CC's, both old plain-jane 7 HP NF GD's when they left the plant in LVL. They put out enough lights for me to see at the 6-7 MPH top speed plus be seen when I'm out along the road. The S/G on these old Cubbies is only rated to 15A & 12V of course so you should only run maybe 150W of lights total to leave a little something in reserve to charge the battery and run the ignition.

Zig zags rock!
I only have 2 of them though. I told my wife that someday I'll get a 73 cause that's the one I've been wanting and she says, "I thought the 125 was 'the one' you've been looking for.". I just had to say it was "the hydro" I've been looking for and that the 73 is "the gear drive" I've been looking for!

Cubs guns and Jeeps, what else could a guy ask for? Besides a woman that puts up with a guy that's into that stuff.

Questions about adding hydraulics to a 682 & swapping out the hydro:

1. Do I have to drain the rear end?
2. Is it easier to remove the fenders?
3. Do I have to remove the dash or steering column?
4. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks

Steve S,
I'm from Springfield, MO and there is a decent 149 down my way for sale. If I had room it'd be mine, oh well. The guy likes to trade so you could swap one of those "other" tractors for that one. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you his contact info.

I can't believe you've been on here since 2007 and still don't have a Cub Cadet!

Keith

JB, that was a junker when you got it???? WOW it looks great now!
greenthumb.gif

Tim T., nice!
greenthumb.gif

<font color="ffffff">.</font>

Someone say headlights?
proud.gif

218290.jpg

<font size="-2">Yes the <strike>snowblower</strike> snowthrower was running in the photo.</font>

<font color="ffffff">.</font>

Norm-

It would be easiest to remove the rearend, drain it, and stand it on end to remove and replace the hydro pump. Be sure to clean it thoroughly before you take it apart so you don't get any dirt in the rearend. It can be done without removing the fenders, but it is easier if the fenders are removed. The gas tank will need to be removed so you can get the hydraulic valve in there. The dash and steering column can stay.

Thanks Kraig! Yes, it was pretty junky looking. I will try and post some pictures of it when I first bought it. It ran for about a month before it caught fire and I decided to tear it down and fixed what broke. Then I decided to throw a coat of paint on it. I still need to paint the rear fenders, paint the hood, put new decals on and replace the seat. Then she should be good to go.

JB

Looks like a little snow this afternoon here. I will have to be quick because it will change to rain tonight. I do want to blow some snow lol. I put Chains on my 149 yesterday and have the blade ready to slide on. I bought a electric furnace for the shop so I can remove the big electric hot water tank . i think this will work great http://www.hydro-smartwholesale.com/HydroShark3.html . I need more storage area here and I can store a CUB where the hot water tank sits now.

Kraig

That snow thrower drum is really spinning fast.have you had any more snow lately ? I will be happy to have some to play in .

I hooked my QA-36A Snowthrower to my 149 this weekend and blew some snow, it worked wonderfully! I put chains on the turf and played in the snow for a bit. Then I got stuck so back in the shed I went and added 120 pounds on the back, amazing difference!

Now I just need to adjust the Hydro Linkage for some friction per the FAQs for its a bit loose.

Latest posts

Back