• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norm B.
So you knew it was off topic and OFF BRAND and you still posted it?
It's OK if you admit that it's wrong first?
I better go in and change both forum rules huh!

Now Charlie, you know the rules only apply to everybody else!
shame.gif

Myron B

Charlie, you're correct. Sorry about that! Just seeing if you're paying attention.

How rare are hour meters on Cubs? I have one on my 107 and have only have seen one or two others before. I know they were optional for the tractors but i was just wondering
1a_scratchhead.gif

Norm B, thats his job!
old.gif

I really wasn’t looking forward to removing the spiral pins from the rockshaft I bought, but wasn’t bad at all. After soaking them in PB blaster for about a week they popped out pretty easily using a hammer & punch. The pins even look reusable. Hope I have this much luck getting them out of the tractor.

Hey guys and gals!
Been awhile since I've been on here. Been lurking a few weeks and thought I'd share a couple pics of what I've been working on the last month or so. I picked up a nice 125 last month. Got my choice of deck and since I didn't have a 38" cast iron end deck I took that one.
The 125 had most of the IH spring assist. I just needed to add the angle bracket and bolt. It had at some point wheel weights and 3pt. Oh well... The trunion was pretty worn so I welded it up and changed the head gasket too. I also changed the HyTran and filter. The only other thing I may do is rebuild the carb, other than that it's just a nice Cub Cadet. Oh, maybe front wheel bearings.

Later,
Keith

Here's a couple pics.
218233.jpg

Oh yeah, it's got working lights too!
218234.jpg

Keith, Sweet!
bouncy.gif

Mike E., nice brackets.
thumbsup.gif
I think I'd make a ridged lift rod to replace that chain. A chain wont provide any resistance to the blade should you hit into a snowbank and could pivot up and smack the grill.
icon_eek.gif

Michael,

Congratulations on the haul. What's the IH chipper/shredder amount to? Is it just a hammer mill? Is there also a chipping knife like some of the other brands have? Does it dicharge out the left side or bottom or both?

I need a chipper/shredder and I'd prefer to have one that either mounts to a Cub Cadet or my BCS rather than having a separate engine to maintain. I'm not concerned about originality and I have an old hammer mill that could be adapted. How is the PTO belt tension adjusted?

I don't know anything about Speedex. Did you get any attachments? What's the drive setup like? Multiple speeds? Reverse? Better answer those in the "Walk Behind Garden Tractor" thread over in the Sandbox.

Jerry

I changed snow plow tractors this year from my 122 to my 104 due to not wanting to take time to put a clutch in the 122. My 104 already had 23x10.50 ag's on it as well as (2) cc weights per side. but as I expected it won't push a lick of snow without chains. I have not taken the time to measure tire height yet but wondered if anyone has put standard chains on these ag's?(Carlisle super lugs- brand new)
My 122 has 23x10.50 turfs with chains and has 50lb per wheel plus another 50+ lbs in the factory weight box on the back, and it was practically unstopable, so I have the turfs to swap with the chains if I need to.

PAUL - If the chains fit your turf tires they should fit your ag bar tires. There's enough variation from one type/brand 23-10.50 x 12 tire to the next that I suspect chains are made to fit all possible tires.

OR, just switch the tires, chains & weights from the one tractor to the other. And the more weight you get on the back the better when it comes to pushing snow. My full size farm tractor will barely get to the top of my concrete drive if it's snow covered without chains.

Rodney S,
The spindles on the Originals were changed at S/N 10,332 (Jun 1961). There was also two different front axles used, the early one was a thinner casting, the later and more commonly found one is a thicker casting. The S/N for this change is not known as far as I know, but is thought to be about the same time period/S/N range as the spindle change. Either spindle type will fit either axle.
218247.jpg

Paul, every CCO I've had came with a thicker axel except #950 (which you pointed out for me if I remember right). I've had 2818, 3902, 8241, and 9910. Each had the thick axle.

Paul,
Those look like special foot rest on the left one..
Who's been pissing and moaning?
Temp Shelters,Here today gone tomorrow!
Charlie,
Keep up the good work,Keep them in line!! What's a JD,Booze?
Don T,
I hope all is well,It is looking like I will be seeing Frank C in May...

PAUL B.
Thanks for the axle/spindle info.
I thought about it later after posting my question,I could have went to a parts manual and answered my own question!
Can you post complete pictures of those CCO'S
sometime?
Thanks again!
Rod Smith

Jerry-

That's a IH 59M shredder. It only shreds and doesn't have a chipper knife or chipper chute. It has flails or hammers, I forget how many and discharges at sort of an angle down at the ground. The belts are tensioned with springs and I think shims to get it in the "ballpark". It's mainly a mulcher and does a good job. I think it is suppose to take material up to 1" but I never go over 3/4" or so and mostly use it for leaves. One thing I really like is that it takes dirty root sod and things like that too. I also have a Kemp and a Mighty Mac which are both very similar to the 59M. The main difference is they both have the chipper chute and knife and are suppose to handle stuff up to 3" but again, I stay under that size unless the stuff if very soft or rotten. The larger the material the slower the work.

Hope this helps.

Kevin,
The thinner axles are rather fragile and it is assumed they broke fairly easy and when broken were replaced with the thicker axle after they became available. Originals with S/N's the 9,000 to 11,000 range have been found with the thin axles.

Lewis,
The "special" foot rest on the tractor on the left are the original foot rest and are on the prototype S/N 409. The front axle had been replaced by the original owner, an engineer at the IH Hinsdale Test Center. The tractor on the right is S/N 510, and still has the original thin axle. I no longer own either tractor.

Paul Warfle: IMHO - listen to Dennis. For one thing (although I've never tried chains on ags) I've had very good luck with 2-link chains on turfs. However, I have a set of used ags that had chains on them and the chains left a definite impression on the tires. Not a nice way to treat new Carlisles?
LEWIS: It's not too soon to start planning! Should we tell these guys about Zagray or let them find out for themselves?

Latest posts

Back