• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I like this color better.
47146.jpg

BEAUTIFUL 169 Charlie, I wish my 149 looked that nice, and I wish I had a 169 to look that nice!!!

Here's my shot for "Front tire talk" on the RARE blue tractor.
47148.jpg

Hi Folks,
I have a Cub 100 & I am on the look out for some head lights for it ( assembly). Did a search and I might not have given enough time on it. Got my parts book out ( most are NLA )Question is what model Cubs head light assemblies will interchange with the Cub model 70-100's?
Many thanks in advance & if I don't post any more before Christmas, every one have a good one!!!!! G.L.

Hello to all.
My name is Jim and I am not only new to this
group, but new to the cub tractors. I recently
bought a 125 Hydro to replace my deceased MTD
I had no idea how well these things were built.
Well needless to say, I'm hooked. I just bought
a seventy-something 128.
Can anyone tell me if these two 12hp motors
are interchangeable? Thanks, Jim

Jim T:

First, welcome to the Forum...
47159.jpg

Both the 125 & 128 used the Kohler K-301A - Spec #47504 (same motor).
thumbsup.gif

Enjoy your Cubs and if you need additional information, just stop back.

happy.gif

Digger - ya can tell that green thing pic is fake , he's not wearing goggles.

Tom - ya pressin yer luck aint ya ... on the main page! Only thing blue I want to see is the sky ! ;)

Evan - glad you're a puller and not a drag racer ... slow aint ya ;)

GL,

The 70/100 are there own kind. Not much in the way of hood/grill type parts interchange. I know the Mike M has the head light thing covered. I think your post will be poofed due to the want add nature.
happy.gif
Also, our sponsors can set you up with some fine used or reman type parts.

Thanks Roland
Does it matter that the dipstick is on the opposite side?
I have decided to restore the 125.
This could easily turn into an obsession.
I'm already looking at a third.
I'm wondering which model would be most comfortable to sleep on.

Ted,
Thanks for the info. You know I kind of cringe when I make a post because of the rules. I do not think in any way my post was way a "want add type" post. All I wanted to know is if any other model Cubs head light assembly will fit my 100. You know like a model 123. If that is a want add---well?????? FORGIVE ME!!!!!!!
G.L. from the Blue Ridge

I would do 'em both, depending on what you want to do with them. Gear drives like the 128 tend to be better pullers, so if pushing snow or pulling a plow is your thing, then I would get your 128 fixed up first. If mowing is going to be the main thing, then I would do the 125, the hydrostatic drive allows better speed control when mowing in heavy grass. Not that a 128 wouldn't make a bad mower though
cool.gif

Another consideration is what equipment you got that fits what, since the Wide Frames use different snow plows, snow throwers, and probably mower decks than the narrow frames. Try to balance all that and the condition each is in against your available funds and time available to work on it.

Tom Hoffman,

Is that "blue" thing actually a ford? If so lets see some more pics of that!

Kuz other than cubs, Ford tractors are my favorite. I hope to one day get a 900 powermaster with the tri front and restore it.
bouncy.gif

47162.jpg

I have a 900 here, with the wide front, rare one, and needs to be parts are hard to find, but a strong tractor no less, i pull a 3 bottum with mine, i'll post pics tomorow, at work computer tonite.

Matt,
Nah! we just need a friendly reminder once and a while that we have places for ANY AND ALL other colored tractors and stuff.
47164.gif

Jim T:

Well, the Manuals say that both motors are the same. I would take it as, the same location for the Dipstick. You may want to check your "Spec" number on each motor. Maybe someone done a switch-er-roo on one of those Cubs.
dunno.gif

There was some disscusion on the dipstick location 3 or four years ago , can't remember now what the verdict was. I've got a K301 here with it on both sides, I guess it swings both ways
blush.gif

The extra one on here is not original to the engine though 'cause it has no paint. I've noticed that some engines have a bolt on plate where the stick could go and some are a blank casting there where it could have been machined out for the stick.

Ken:

IH used nine (9) different Spec Numbers for the K-301A. It is possible, that the Dipstick location is different depending on the Spec Number. From the Parts Manual, the 47504 was the most popular Spec Number.

Latest posts

Back