Archive through December 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric, Great job on the post hole digger,and 147...send more photos..Jim Tibbetts, sound like you have come down with yellow fever....only known cure to man is to obtain more cubs, till symptons go away...enjoy!

BTW Nate,
I think it's time,
47188.jpg

for your to upgrade that seat,
47189.jpg

Greeting!

Just a quick Sunday afternoon thanks to all who have helped introduce me to the Cub hobbie. After advice from last set of tractor quirks I tightened the friction washer on the hydro, converted the after market throttle handle - non adjustable tension - to adjustable, adjusted the throttle, tightened the blower chute, checked the ground wires and installed a new starter. It seems to run real well now. Still no snow in north central WI, but the tractor keeps getting more ready to go all the time. I hope the next thing I'm NOT doing with the tractor is mowing the lawn. If the days are going to be short and cold, then let there be snow.

Can someone tell me if the brake capilers on a 1250 will fit on a 147?

Ken,

Of course I meant it tongue-in-cheek when I mentioned brazing with a stick welder, but I guess it might be possible with a carbon-arc torch. Anyway, Montana is a bit far to ship, but I do have a good ole' boy neighbor across the road named Bubby. He did most of my welding for me before he gave me an old Lincoln Welder in exchange for an old Simplicity 2 wheel tractor, and has helped me out with a number of things over the years. I promised him an old computer so his family can do their thing with schoolwork and things on the internet.

Did a little paintwork on the back end of the 129 with one of those cheap touch up sprayguns from Harbor Freight, and mounted the new pulley on the QA-42A to accomodate the 1/2" belt. Needed a puller and some time with my MAPP torch to get it off, but it eventually yielded. The new pulley went on easy enough, but I need a 35 or 36" belt, and the local TSC were out of stock of the one I needed.

Despite lacking the drive belt, I got the QA-42A mounted to the 129, and painted the inside with EZ-Glide, a graphite based paint similar to Slip-Plate. She's just about ready to go, all I need is that piece for the Hydro control and a few wires to hook up. It's back to work tomorrow, hopefully I can take it a little easier than last week.
construction.gif

Eric can stop up my way in late March of next year, I have a little project for his post hole digger out in my vineyard.

Latest posts

Back