• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,
Post'um if ya got'um.
Shift.gif

Charlie-

Maybe tomorrow after I clean up again, we're supposed to get more overnight. I'm so exhausted from helping my dad put rear weights on his Farmall B today.

Why do the gear guys look down on the hydros? I have run oil drives for 20 year, abused them for 15 and never ever had a problem. Just let the oil warm up in the winter and they are good to go no matter what you throw at them.

Charlie,

They are dark, but not bad....

Pushed off the first 4", another 2-4" and 20-25mph winds are on the way over night...still snowing like crazy right now.

Tomorrow will be blower work!!

73942.jpg

73943.jpg

73944.jpg

73945.jpg

73946.jpg

73947.jpg

Paul K.

I love my machines, but WORK them too!!!!

Does this look like I was taking it easy tonight?!?!?!!?

73949.jpg

.....Fastest Cub in the (Mid)West.....

For all of you Mel Brooks fans.....

73951.jpg

They've gone plaid!

Steve-
Nice plowing setup, I'm just glad it's not us getting the snow this time.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Wyatt, It's twin is in the shed with the thrower on it, waiting for tomorrow......
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wyatt - On the 10 horse head question. Try it if you have one or can borrow one. The old hot rodder's trick is to put a thin layer of molding clay on it and rotate it by hand then pull it and see if there was any "issues". SKF use to be "The World's Most Expensive Bearings" as they claimed ... good stuff too. On the rod cap - the "racers" use a mic to measure the stretch of the bolt instead of torque values ... might not work for that little feller though.

Snow ? What snow ?? Our "1-2+" of rain turned into drizzle before it got here !! Flurries tomorrow ... sure!

Dean S, I am not looking down on the hydro cubs I have never run one. As to your statement of "oil" drives in the winter, let em warm up and go, I agree. Gear drive cub, start her and yer ready to go. Gear drive may be stiff going into gear the first couple of times. I realize I am not in an area that gets excessive amounts of snowfall, or extreme low temps like those guys in the upper mid-west. But, even with a gear drive cub it is a good idea to let the engine warm up a bit. On a gear drive cub running you are still somewhat moving the fluid in the reduction housing/rear.

Latest posts

Back