• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 14, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkortkamp

displayname
Larry
...and I don't have anything off topic to throw in to stir it up.....
a---allalone.gif

323905.jpg

1486 in deep snow......not sure what gear it's in!

I don't see any snow inside that thrower!
err.gif

Since it is OTF, all I could show is all the rain we are getting.
a_blink2.gif

I have a model 100 that was rescued about sixteen years ago( It is a 1963 model) and repaired to working condition and was used for two years to cut a couple of acres in South GA. since that time it has been stored in my Garage and onl;y came out to play when there was snow to deal with in north GA and that wasn't very often. It sat up for the last 10 years, I guess. Time gets away! Anyway I have been working to get it started in fits and starts for the last 5 months. I needed to clean the carb and gas/ varnish out of the tank and put new fuel filter, spark club, new coil, points and condenser. I also had a broken wire that was preventing my attempts to get it to turn over. Fixed that today and got it to run using carb cleaner, but it starves out as soon as that is gone, so I thought well maybe gas wasn't getting around and so I checked that and re-cleaned the carb. This brings me now to the question. I'm afraid when I removed the carb today I didn't pay close enough attention to remember how the govenor attached to the top of the carb. I need a good , clear picture of that set-up to know what I need to do! I wish I had taken a picture before I started, but I didn't and it was months ago when I had dismanteled it the first time and never put it back. Short term memory is not great and medium is worse! LOL! I tried to do a search but struck out.The after market pictures in the manuals I have do not have enough detail for me to see.
This tractor has a keyed ignition switch and a push button starter. On the right side of the console there is a push button that I have no idea what it does or used to do! I thought maybe a horn but haven't seen anything like one. It's a mystery! Anyone know where I could find a picture of the aformentioned problem, and any other ideas? Thanks for your time.

Bill K.
Governor arm spring in 3rd hole from the bottom and second hole down on the other end of the spring in the short arm.

Bill K. (and Digger): With all due respect, I'm confused - both by Bill's question and Charlie's answer. Help me, here. Tell me that there's no connection between the governor and the top of the carb - that it's the throttle cable that Bill's wondering about.
Now to Bill: Your profile shows a 149 and the 100. Kudos!
happy.gif

Frank C.
I was replying to this statement only.
I'm afraid when I removed the carb today I didn't pay close enough attention to remember how the govenor attached to the top of the carb. I need a good , clear picture of that set-up to know what I need to do! I wish I had taken a picture before I started, but I didn't and it was months ago when I had dismanteled it the first time and never put it back.

ENOUGH of the damned green paint already. If I wanted green paint I'd go to the stupidest forum on the internet, Green tractor talk.

Steve B gets a pass, far as I'm concerned a 1486 is always on topic.

Denny, rest assured that the Cub Cadets I own are NOT going anywhere. I needed something with hydraulic lift that was newer and this one came along right when I was looking and was too good of a deal to pass up. Now I can give my Cubs a break while I work on them and get them back in shape.

Here's a couple more carb/governor photos for Bill. This is a K301 in a 125 but should be close enough to a model 100.

323923.jpg

323924.jpg

Since it is OTS, (on topic Saturday) I thought this old pic of some yellow and white would help cheer you guys back up from all that green yesterday.
lol.gif

323928.jpg

And for those who are already tired of all the snow, here's one from last spring. (I think)

323929.jpg

Latest posts

Back