• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith
The starter generators used on IH built Cub Cadets turn CCW (counter clockwise). If you are sitting in the drivers seat, that means they turn to the right. If you are standing front of the tractor looking at the front of the engine/starter generator, it means they turn to the left.

Charlie, where are you at? I'm doing the same thing here tomorrow. Even though it will be alot colder outside. I plowed 4 times today. I'm done!!!

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I'm building from scratch and have never seen a picture of the completed assy.

JimE

Hi guys can`t wait till spring so i can put all the Cubs i own in my profile picture with the correct back ground.It seems some friends of mine treat my retirement as a help to them working stiffs. As long as I get some Cub time I really don`t mind. But these Cubs can be hard on the Wallet!!! My 100 still needs lights.

see
111423.jpg

old.gif

Jason D:
There's an on-line version of the DR-324 here, but if you ever find a PDF of it, let us know !

The plow I put on my 149 a few years ago came from a buddy of mine that had it on a 782D (I think). I had to get another frame for it which the local IH guy had in a pile out behind his shop. The problem I had when I installed everything was I didn't have enough lift. I had to modify the lifting bracket on the plow where the rod hooks up but I still don't think it is right. Does anyone know the correct amount of ground clearance that I should have in the full up position. And should I be using the pin lockout when plowing snow. I never even knew about that until I saw someone post something about that a few weeks back. This is a generic pic I saw on fleabay but still the same idea. Thanks, Nick
111426.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm having some cold starting issues. I've read some posts about people with block heaters etc. but given that I'm in Ct and it hasn't been that cold yet it cranks wicked slow. I just replaced the battery so I know that isn't the issue. I've got no idea when the hydro was last serviced or oil change for that matter. Any particulars I should look for on my 123? Given that I want to plow the driveway with it - cold starting on a dependable basis would be helpful.

Thanks Paul and Jason for clearing this matter, much appreciated. KW

Lewis
There is a online storrage site that you can download files to,PDF ect.Its called box.net.When you download the pdf you can send a invatation to view it.I downloaded a bunch of 123 manuals to it because I cant send it through the email there to big, only 10 mb max!Who ever you invite can then copy/download the pdf files.For the life of me I cant rember who sent me the invatation to share ,I belive Jonathan,could be wrong!!Jonathan was it you??Its safe and I who am computer , among other things illiterate was able to do it with no problems.Its FREE!

Here is a funny one,when I figure out how to use my new to me scanner i will copy this manual and post it here,or send it to Kraig or you kendell, the computer literate!!Or if Lewis' manual is the same maybe we can copy it from him!

Don that is one fine looking 100,I swear every time I see a great looking cub I belive its my new favorite cub!!

Jonathan check and clean All the connections and then if it does the same rebuild that thing!!Or at least start with takeing it apart and cleaning it up real good inside.Mine does the same,real slow,Ive been following the guys who have had similar problems on here I have a couple extra SG's and cleaned one up real good recently replaced the bearing and cleaned/sanded the commutater with a real fine sandpaper.the book says 00 sand paper!Just do if its dirty or glazed.Havent had a chance to test it yet!
the guys said a block heater is great for when its really cold.Im going to get one,although I live in the high desert of California it gets realy cold here,frequently in the teens overnight and regulary in the 20s!!Cold enough fore the heater im sure!

Im sure the guys can tell you more about all I reccomend !!
Oh and service the Hydro man!!Mine came to me the same way and that was one of the first things I did.

We got enough snow to use the snow thrower this weekend. Moved a lot of snow, and had a lot of fun doing it. I think my Cub is magical. Seems like whenever I start it my 27 year old son appears in the driveway and takes over what ever I am doing with it. I am thinking now I may have a reason to get another one so I can use one.

WILLIAM B. - Nice lookng 100, Your friend did a great job restoring it! If the dark green IH pickup is the one Your friend wants to "restore" My question is "Why?" Looks great in it's current condition.

Comment on magnetic heaters. I've used one on My Cub Cadets for 20+ yrs. If You have a hydro Your trying to start in cold weather either outside or in an unheated garage I would get TWO heaters. One for the engine and another for the hydro. A gear drive can get by with only one for the engine. Even placing a trouble light with 100W incandecent buld close to the engine helps. The 7,8, & 10 HP blocks have flat bottom oil pans and I always just stuck the heater on the bottom surface for 3-4 hours before I tried to start the engine. With 12, 14, & 16 hp engines with the oil sump it's harder to get good heater-to-pan contact to transfer heat. Those heaters are only 200W, they get hot to the touch but when You put them on a cast iron mass like the engine or hydro they will get the component warm but not hot.

Well i`am off this morning to buy a new coil for my 125. I`am unsure but i think it takes a standard coil without the resistor inside , Is that correct? Later Don T
old.gif

do you have a part number for UAP or a delco Number that i can use. Thanks So much . Later Don T

Don T

Pretty sure you will need a coil with an internal resistor. Meter the system,you should be getting a full 12 volts to the coil,if not, look for a bad connection somewhere or maybe a bad switch.

Wayne

Latest posts

Back