• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstanton

displayname
Scott Stanton
I did check out geekbay and have found brand new s/g's for around a hundred plus shipping, which is still cheaper than the local shop for a repair/rebuild. I have already replaced the brushes and bearings in mine about 2 weeks ago. I think the problem is that the local shop has no competition in the area so can charge what they think is reasonable. I have heard some poor reviews about them too, so I'm a little leery of using them.

keith Warwick (Kwarwick) I see your question has been answered CCW, that would be facing the s/g pulley it would turn right. As to speed that would depend on a lot of this as timing ,compression,and the general health of your K. My O will start with just a bump on the starter if its not to cold.I do have a few s/g here that do seem to spin faster that others but if your Cub engine is set up right they don`t require a fast turning s/g. My .02 later Don T
old.gif

My nephew, Marty Hubler of Harrison Co. IN restored by CC 100. I left it with him last summer, and just picked it up this week. I like the black detailing he did. The IH pickups, the MG and the CCO are his. He did the restoration on the Original. His plans are to make a street rod of one truck and restore the one in the garage to original. Both will be painted IH white with red fenders. He has restored several larger IH and John Deere tractors.
Thanks Marty. GOOD JOB!

111403.jpg

111404.jpg

111405.jpg

111406.jpg

111407.jpg

111408.jpg

Someone please give me some info about posting pictures. I hid the enter key twice after each picture upload. Still not right. Thanks for any help. William

Hi, William. Great pics. When I upload any pics on the Forum I make it a point to be sure and click on the right side of the uploaded picture before I hit ENTER. This will move the cursor down for the next picture. If I want to upload another picture I will again click to the right of the uploaded picture.

William. I'll try and explain this a little better. When I upload any pics on the Forum I make it a point to be sure and click on the right side of the uploaded picture before I hit ENTER. This will move the cursor down for the next picture. If I want to upload another picture I will again click to the right of the uploaded picture.

{picture}!<<(Put cursor here and hit ENTER)
!<<(New location of Cursor and ready to upload the next picture) The Exclamation Point represents the Cursor.

Hope this helps.

Never a moderator around when you need him...(to put a <<return>> in..)
clappy.gif

Your post (in the entry box) should look like this:

test text ................
\ popjpeg{111412,test3}
\ popjpeg{111413,test4}

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the good responses. Next time should be right or at least better. William

William. nice Cub
drool.gif
, i would be proud to have it . The guy does nice work. Posting is a bunch of work , but i`am sure you`ll
get that to, I know , wow i did that too lol. later Don T
old.gif

Jim,

The steering valves are always placed at the bottom of the frame with a long column. Problem I had was this unit was out of an 1862/64 with tilt wheel, so the column didn't go all the way up like it should have. The PS unit can't mount behind the spool...NO room, Super or otherwise.

I attached the extended shaft to the PS unit with the splined hub out of an old steering wheel. Cut the hub out of the center of the wheel, cut the shaft to fit and then welded the shaft to the hub. Cross drilled the splines for a small roll pin to keep the entension from pulling off the PS unit if you lift on the wheel.

If the unit needs service, the tube extension can be removed with 2 sheet metal screws, and the shaft extension will come off the splines after the roll pin is driven out.

Super and 782 are same - same from the root of the dash forward, extra length comes between the dash and the fender deck, so it's not tighter here than there.

whilliam you can edit your post by clicking the little icon at the end of your post... then you can fix your picture issue

William. nice Cub
drool.gif
, i would be proud to have it . The guy does nice work. Posting is a bunch of work , but i`am sure you`ll
get that to, I know , wow i did that too lol. later Don T
old.gif

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier), i`d love to do that and to think it was this close. Kent,that along with foot control on my 129 loader. yep good i think but i hope to have some help on these in the future, after xmas i must finish the 129 loader. later Don T
old.gif

We finally got some snow to play in and I thought I was gonna enjoy it. Turned out to be real wet and just plugged the chucker so I changed over to my blade and didn't get any farther. The cab seems to be great at keeping wind off but the extra weight up high would rock the tractor back and fourth. It would unload one tire then as soon as that one would settle back to the ground the other would unload. Finally said the heck with it and put my truck in 4 wheel peel and made a path to drive in.
bash.gif

Hey guys.Thanks for the advise but somebody is wrong.Donald Tanner says it turns to the right facing the pulley.Jason Davies says it turns to the left facing the pulley.Now who is right-Sorry for the trouble guys.

Counter clock wise "CCW" rotation facing the pully turns Left facing the pully.Positive!!!I just went out to check it!

111416.jpg

Does anyone have a link to this manual?or a PDF file they could send me.I thought I had the PDF on the computer but cant find it and have know Idea where I got it from.I loked in the FAQS, and its not there.Its Delco Remy service bulitin IMG-150.dated 1-15-63.
Also this manual refers to a test specification booklet/booklets.Does any one have a pdf of them or a link?I dont have them at all.

William B.
Being up north right now and on the wife's laptop, I had a heck of a time, but I fixed your pics for ya.
clappy.gif

BTW,
I also found out that taking the 149 with the cab and thrower on back south was NOT a very good idea.
We now have 5 & 6 foot drifts up here. And All I have is the 149 with a dinky 42" blade. As soon as the winds die and it gets light out tomorrow, I'm gonna attempt the hit that 5 foot sucker right outside the door!
biggrin.gif

I might have to bust through with the Tahoe first though.

Keith
Did you check out #21 in the FAQS? Lots of good info in there on the SG.

Back