• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 06, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
I think i have something here to make the clips from for the side windows.

217450.jpg

Don T, I'll get back to you later got to go in to town, but I think you have most of the pieces.

Thanks Guys. I was figuring and hoping vise grips might be my easiest "fix" and I will weld a nut to the plug when I get it out as you suggested. Snow is coming and I wanted to change the oil before snow plow season starts in SE PA.

Ed Kane

i would try a pipe wrench on that bolt . Keep us posted.
thumbsup_old.gif

Don, I believe what you are seeing in my photo of the clip is sewing. That strapping should work OK to make the clips.

Here are some photos from Melody:

217452.jpg

217453.jpg

I tore apart my 100 Saturday to repaint and fix a few odds and ends. My wife requested I replace the muffler. I put on a new Stens replacement for the 393840R91 last fall but it didn't make it any quieter than the pepper shaker that I had before. Will the OEM replacement muffler be quieter than the knockoff that I bought? I'd hate to cough up the $80.00 to get the same results.

Ryan G.-

I'm not sure that would make much of a difference. These old tractors are just loud. Earplugs are a good idea.

Ryan G.
In a word.
No

What you have to understand about these old Kohlers is, they need to breath or exhale.
There's a reason that the old engines didn't have the super quiet mufflers of today. They work better!
If the noise bothers you, put ear muffs on.

MATT - Or headphones.....plugged into the AM/FM/CD or cass player. My Wife has complained about the straight pipe on the 72 a couple times. I just wait till she isn't around to run it now. It exits right above the S/G driven pulley and it really isn't that loud from the seat. But it blows papers off my work bench in the shop at idle from five feet away!
Shift.gif

Well, as ironic as it appears to me I scored a very nice 147. I say ironic because I mentioned to another member the other day that I don't have a 147 YET. It was also one of those deals that's so reasonable I couldn't pass it up.

217456.jpg

Here's what I know. The guys father had this tractor and babied it. It has the 3 pt (in a box) and headlights. The electric lift is also in the box. I'll post more pics tomorrow after I go through everything. It was repainted complete with decals right before it was parked in a barn. It's been sitting since about 1995. All four tires look new but cracked from age and sitting. The seat has one small tear and the steering wheel looks to be from a ql. Oh, there's also a gearbox and bracket in the box. I also got several original manuals: one for the tractor, one for rotary mowers, one for a #1 tiller, and several flyers or brochures (sp) of accessories.
After I left I went to another location and got two sets of wheel weights. All together I spent $360. Not bad for a days driving across North Carolina.

Wayne Shytle

Nice 147 and for so little. You will have some fun with that. I thought Cubs were ,are getting hard to find in that shape.
thumbsup_old.gif

Oh, man.... I need to stop doing this. A coworker offered me his IH bult Cub Cadet with mower deck and blade for a very nice price. SSssooo... I said that I'd take it only I know that Angel will make me sell one of the other Cubs or something to pay for it. Since I am too old to "rent" myself out to beautiful older women, selling something is the next option. I am NOT trying to solicit any offers. Just some fun suggestions. Angel says that I have three Brinly plows. (Fancy looked at her like, "So, Mom. We need those." I have an extra wide frame front blade in pretty nice condition. Now Fancy looked at me with the "That is for my 1650. Remember?" Next Angel suggested the 127 that is in pieces and just needs repainting and put back together. Both Fancy and I looked at each other and thought, "Okay.... it is a starting point." Then Angel suggested the IH #2 cart in the back Cub shed. At which Fancy began to shudder and looked at me like, "Geez, Dad. She knows more of what we have than we do." I calmed him down with some kitty treats.

Soooo.... using those above items for reference what would you good people part with. Now remember this is only a fun suggestion thing. And I really haven't decided on anything yet other than Fancy and I've agreed to purchase a 782 with deck and front blade.

Fancy and I want to Thank everyone for their input.
217459.gif

Marlin, Can't you hide something till you make up your mind? Probably the 127 and 1 plow!

Dennis F.,
Thanks for the compliments and advice. I kinda lost track of the money thing after topping the 2K mark (too many receipts to keep up with!). As for my CFO, I'm the CFO!
draw.gif
On about the fourth cub that found it's way to my house, without a word, (miracle in itself)
biggrin.gif
she just shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. Now she doesn't even raise her eyebrows. A couple of months ago she thought I may have changed for the better when I sold one of the cubs, but she changed her mind when I came home with a Haban sickle mower! Her reply:
screwloose.gif

Steve S.

RE: PTO still Spinning....

Try LOOSENING the turn buckle 1/2 a turn at a time.

Sometimes PTO's, with the wear button tightened "to spec" with just a tiny air gap will over compress the spring stack in the "off" position, driving them into the end of the crank shaft and causing them to turn. This appears to be a clutch issue, when it really is an OVER adjustment issue.

With the clutch "unadjusted", tighten the turnbuckle until the clutch just slips when "off" then go a little bit more (turn or so) and stop.....if the gap is too big when it's running, so what?!?!?

I've fixed several "bad clutches" this way...especially right after then had been rebuilt. (Learned it myself the hard way).

If that doesn't work, slip the clutch under light load for short periods of time by s-l-o-w-l-y engaging the lever, this will help break in the plates.

hey guys is this a deal... Cub Cadet 106, 10 hp, starts & runs good, new battery, no deck $300
It,s about 1 hr away . Jeff U

Wayne :That,s a nice 147 .. I gave $ 400 for the one I have. I,m restoring a 147 now to be ready for spring.....send updates on how it go,s Jeff U

Latest posts

Back