• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 05, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott S., I think the L terminal is for (load) such as headlights and such. just don't use that terminal and you should be fine. But on the other hand I have let a lot of smoke out of things in my lifetime.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Scott: If you're not so cornfuzed now that you can't think, check out Roland Bedell's post(in THE VAULT) from Jan. 25, 2007 3:19pm. I found it through SEARCH, keyword, "voltage regulator wiring", match all words, whole words only.
coffee.gif

Brad... Dont be afraid. I have a 122 as well no one here bites that I have found..... Take your good gear drive and go plow!! Or move snow or cultivate, or plant or what ever motivates you!

110991.jpg

Okay, I found R.Bedells posting in the vault. I have to ground the V/R but am unsure of where to ground it from on the V/R I have.
110995.jpg

110996.jpg

Or do I just make sure I have good bare metal contact for the ground?

Kendell-
Thanks for setting Scott T straight. I thought he was going to try to get by with that Brittish-smoke in a bottle crap.

Everybody knows the Brits were repsonsible for making 2nd rate smoke, and their true forte was making gasket and seal bypass fluids and lubricants...

has anyone ever seen any cub cadet christmas ordaments... like an original or the older stuff??

Scott: The rubber mounts will isolate your v/r from the frame. If you can attach a wire to the v/r case (solder it, maybe?) and to the frame, you should be good to go.
bubbly.gif

...or maybe grounding the v/r breaks the Forum.
coffee.gif

Frank:
The Forum runs on hot air, not smoke.. Charlie's attempts to ground it never seem to slow the generation of hot air
clappy.gif

Speaking of air temperature, it's finally really winter here in the Heart O' the Mitten, The high may be around 22 today, had to bump the temp up on the wood burner (set the hot water to about 180). Next project - clean the driveway, now that it's frozen and the QA42 has cleared off all the loose rocks. May have to speak sharply to the 129 to get it started (or hang the heater on the hydrostat for a half hour).

Wouldnt this be a ground wire? It goes from the frame of the V/R to the mounting bracket where the bolt would go through.
110999.jpg

Sorry the pic is a little fuzzy, I havent had enough coffee yet and I took it with my cell phone camera!

Scott, yes that is a ground connection. Same as here:

111001.jpg

Kendell, it's 15 degrees here, high expected in the low 20's and windy! We got about 1.5" of snow last night but I'm not going to use the QA42 to move any gravel from the driveway. I will be using the #2 125, powered by Killer, to move some firewood though.

Excellent! Thank you all for your help! I'm wondering if that wasnt the problem with the old V/R I have. The ground wire on that was in bad shape and pretty corroded, it looked pretty fragile. I will put this other one on within the next few days,crazy work schedule, and let ya'll know how it goes!

Scott:
The piece on the back of the VR that smoked (partially circled) is a resistor, which\u {is} different, depending on the generator that the VR is used on. Are you <u>sure</u> that VR is for a Delco SG???

Well i`am 1 happy cubber!!! I took the 14 k out of the 149 and replaced the govener and could not find a problem with it but replaced it with another and she runs and the govenor is working . it will hunt a little but it wont slow down under a load. Thanks to all for the help. Later Don T
111012.jpg

Don:
Don't forget that that "hunting" could just be a slight mis-adjustment of the high speed needle on the carb...(if your carb has both HS and LS adjustments) - the replacement K301 I bought in '95 had only one needle, IIRC it was for low speed...(traded it off for the old one when I sold the original engine, so I can't look at it).
Anyway, way to go!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Don T great news to hear that the 14k is running properly.

Matt S hmm christmas cubs ya say ...
111027.jpg

I do lurk here on a daily basis and have been known to post on occasion.I have learned a ton from you guys and do appreciate it
Thanks
Don

Don T, about Kendalls observation about jets, there is a FAQ about engine 'hunting'. Was able to fix 2 engines on other equipment after reading it.

Don Tanner

Good Show.

greenthumb.gif

What screw? Just kidding.

"People with the most birthdays, tend to live the longest".

I had a good cub day. I picked up some new front shoes for the 128, and layed down some paint on the front rims. I found a complete 147 today!!!
ihrotate.gif
I took a short trip to my local tractor salvage yard and found a gem. The 147 comes with a new carb and wiring harness already installed. Pics to come when I pick her up in a couple weeks...There is only about 100 other tractors to move to get her home.

Latest posts

Back