• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could very well be right so correct me if I am wrong
dunno.gif
In my experiance though if it's pushin enough fuel thats not gettin burned up in the combustion chamber it seems to me that there will be other problems like consistantly fouling plugs, dark smoke.

Bren

Lonny you have to have something almost stopped up or out of adjustment. Probally the jets.

Charlie- what's this I hear that all your snow fleet cubs let ya down today and ya had to resort to a walk behind????????

Lonny, whats the gas like? Old gas can affect starting. Water in gas? Does the choke plate fully close? Ignition up to snuff? Ditch that Champion plug.

About a week ago someone here was talking about winterizing their power-washer. I thought I would show you something I made for winterizing the water system on our boat.

71136.jpg

It's just a simple 5 gallon bucket with a hose spigot JB-Welded in through the side. Put it up high, fill it up with RV Antifreeze and let gravity do the work when you attach a hose and open the valve.

It's amazing how many uses I've come up with for this thing!

Hugh-
Say it ISN'T SO!!!!
71137.gif

Ken, Ya I agree just Hammer down, I can always give it to Art, ha Ha. No there's no mouse nest. Been there, done that. A few years age they crawled into the timing hole built a nest out of paper towel pieces and locked the starter, flywheel up tight. I'm just too busy right now to do anything to it. It'll be humming for plow day tho.
thanks Ron

Hugh,
Excuse me!
I think not.
The bastage 149 did just fine, the 1450 with the front blade smoothed things out just fine.
The 1650 with the 40 Box Blade did it's thing too.
I did use the walk behind to clean off the deck, the front walk and between the house though.
If I had a couple more inches between the house and the little garage, I'd be set.
biggrin.gif

Lean is hot. Rich is cold. Fuel can't reignite in an oxygen deprived environment. Thats the reason air pumps were added to cars in the early years of smog reduction. The air pump stream is directed at the back side of the exhaust valve to burn as much unburned hydrocarbons as possible. A rich exhaust has very little oxygen in it. If you had an O2 sensor the reading would be in the 700 to 900 millivolt range. Stoichiometric (14.7 to 1) is around the 450 range. Lean is below 350. Restricted exhaust will make a lot of heat. So will late timing. Overloading too. If your Cub's muffler is glowing cherry red, too much load, too lean, late timing, or restricted exhaust. A mouse nest is definitely not going to help.

Latest posts

Back