• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 05, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon-
I'll bet that was a cute setup
happy.gif
Here's the LINK to the cogen facility in Chicago I spent about 40 hours at last year. Screw girly turbines, these are some IC engines with NUTS! <font size="-2">and low emissions</font>

While we're on the subject of generators, remember that most, if not all UPSes for home use are NOT compatible with being powered by a generator.

So do try and calm your need to check in here with the forum when your lights are out
wink.gif

There are well documented cases of utility workers being killed by home generators that were incorrectly wired at a household.

Do it right, or run extension cords directly to the generator.

At our cabin in Northern Wisconsin we are off grid and have a remote start (from inside the cabin not from our home) Yamaha 6kw generator and a 3kw inverter with storage batteries, all the power runs through the inverter except the 220v for the well, that is run through a separate circuit. The inverter has a very clean output, clean enough for powering a PC or entertainment center. Life at the cabin is good except we could use an internet connection. While I'm not an electrician I did do all the wiring at the cabin.

To keep it on topic here's a photo of one of my Cub Cadets at the cabin when we were adding on and reroofing the original cabin.
14291.jpg

Here is a photo of that GE "Generator panel" I mentioned, this one is at the cabin. We originally had two generators, the Yamaha and a small 1kw generator that we would use late at night for running the TV and some lights. We used the transfer switch to switch between the 2 generators. The remote start control is at the upper right of the panel. Yes that is me in the photo, right after I finished wiring it.
14293.jpg

Here is a photo inside the generator shed.

14294.jpg

Kraig, you remind me of the chicks on the Price is Right with all those hand gestures.... The only bad thing about the pics is that ugly slanted grill looking tractor...
clappy.gif
roflol.gif
wink.gif

Seriously, <font size="-2">yeah they are ugly
lol.gif
</font> thanks for the pics.... <font size="-2">Ducking for cover</font>, <font size="-2">don't you hate it when you are trying to be nice and some obnoxious SOB has to give you a bunch of s#!t</font>

(Message edited by jrichardson on December 05, 2003)

Hello, could someone please tell me the dimensions of the belt for a 149 with a QA-42A snowthrower. The one that the dealer sold me was 28 inches long; which is too short even with the pulley at the end of its adjustment. Thanks in advance, jim

Wow my generator question got everybody responding.

Great job Kraig ! See that you are a deer slayer--more than just the green kind --LOL

Think the cub will stay stock,its easier to just buy a Gen. & transfer switch.

Installed a 350 kw @ a sewage treatment plant by Lacrosse years ago, now that had a transfer switch.

Ahh, a perfect excuse to post a picture of my Pincor 2500 watt, 3600 rpm, 110V generator set powered by a direct-coupled Briggs & Stratton Model 14FB cast-iron engine. I use Wyatt's trick of back-feeding, after pulling the main breaker. Using this method feeds only one side of the 220V service but if you're lucky, the furnace, sump pump, and refrigerator are all on the same side. I got lucky.
14296.jpg

Anybody from the Madison, WI area headed this direction anytime soon?????

Travis-Not me but why? Is there something in this area that I need to buy?
wink.gif

Does anyone have a picture of Dan Hoefler's hydraulic scraper handy? Thanks...

Travis-Yeah,you're right,I don't need that...
biggrin.gif

Thanks Digger!!

Is everybody but me plowing snow? Where is everyone?
I've got a serious question about the armstrong lift on my 106. When I have the lift arm all the way back (plow lifted as high as it will go) if I look into the slot the arm operates in I can see there is one more "notch" in the semi-circular piece with notches that holds the arm in position. Since my plow barely clears the ground when I'm turning, it seems like I really need to be able to use that highest "holding notch". In my limited experience, the only way I can see to use that notch is to cut back the metal that stops the rearward movement of the lift arm. Anybody else have this problem? Help.

BTW, I'm watching the PD6 video now, and it seems a fair number of JD operators have trouble knowing when to lift their plows.

Happy plowing to all. CJM

(Message edited by cmccarty on December 06, 2003)

Charles M,
Question right back at ya! Have you tried driving your tractor up on some blocks or at the edge of a curb and seeing how far down your blade falls? If it falls well below tire level, shorten your lift rod to make it lift higher.
Just my 2 cents here but to really set it right IMHO, drive up on some 2x4's and then let your blade down and adjust the lift rod to fit the setup.

Digger, Thnaks. Down here plow means turn dirt! But your idea is correct. I don't really know how deep the lift will allow the dirt turner to go! It just seems that notch represents an inch or two of lift, and I want all I can get!
CJM

LOL,
I see what your talkin about now, guess I have snow on the brain.

Have you changed the hole position where the sleeve hitch mounts up, that will make up some distance. Try movin it to the top set of the holes in the bracket that mounts to your tractor. Other than than, the lift straps will help on the height but you will loose depth.

I believe this is another picture of Dan Hoeflers hydraulic scraper. A true work of Art. Since hydraulics is not one of my strong points I have a question for the experts. How do you run two Rams at the same time. In this case both Rams would have to lift the same amount or you would put something in a bind. Looks to me like you would have to use one control and T the output and return lines. Is there a problem balancing the Hydraulic flow?

14307.jpg

Latest posts

Back