• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 31, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Morning there
worthy.gif
Kraig . I`am going to work on my 62 Original this am. I think I will cook the carb , it has allways been tuchy to keep running . must have some dirt in it . Not for long.
229866.jpg

Don T--if you don't mind my askin', what is the serial # on your '62? Just wondering how close it is in production to mine.

Since =
worthless.gif

I thought I would add some.Ken must be out playing in a pond somewhere .
229871.jpg

the before Ultrasonic cleaner

229872.jpg

I have to get this 62 running like my 61 .

229873.jpg

joshua donald stertz

No problem ! Its in my profile also 43541 , I think 10/62 .

229876.jpg

This Ultrasonic cleaner works some nice at cleaning carbs in just sunlight dish soap and water.

229879.jpg

Don T- thanks. I forgot to check the profile first! When you are finished with your carb, wanna clean mine too! LOL. I know that mine is really in desparate need of a good cleaning. Maybe this Labor Day long weekend... The primary plan though is to work on the Cubbie and begin the heart transplant (KT-17 to M20).

Question-- do you have keys with your originals? Mine only has a kill switch. I'm trying to figure out if that is factory or owner added. The pdf manual shows a keyed kill switch. Just curious???

Purchased some 1450 parts from a local guy and in the deal I got a quietline K321 engine, complete with electric PTO clutch and all engine hardware. Seller said it ran, with no smoke, I own (2) 1450's and (1) 1650 so I wanted to have a backup engine and gave him the 20 bucks he wanted for it. Investigated it last night, pulled the head and it was surprisingly clean. No exessive carbon, no excessive cylinder ridge, no burnt piston, cylinder bore looked to be in very good shape. So now the question becomes what do I do? a) put the head back on it and wait until I need it attempting to run it as is b) put new rings and a connecting rod in it along with gaskets, seals, new points and a carb overhaul. c) complete disassmebly and proper rebuil d) Donate it to Digger.

Thanks Paul!

It kinda reminds me of my uncles old tractors with the push-pull kill switch.

Do you have an pics on here of your custom Original. I'd like to see it! If not, could you email me some? Thanks

Kraig and Tom, my apologies...Dan Hoefler was in my head but aparently my fingers had other ideas haha
blush.gif
facepalm.gif

Back