• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Don got bit by the archive bug. Hahahahaha-ha.
smile.gif

I'm sure we've been through this a thousand times, but I can't seem to find much on the search.
1a_scratchhead.gif
And besides I know how we like to post pictures of our Cub Cadets.
I'm looking for a set of AG tires for my 982. Can someone give me advice and show pictures of 26x12x12 ag tires on your 982 or other SGT? I've seen some 26x12x12's that look small and I don't want that.
shame.gif
Thanks!

Frank-

For some reason I am thinking of just recovering this old seat. The back rest brackets need some fab work and the rest itself is formed of wood. Maybe someone here can identify this seat. It looks like it came from a tractor or something of the sort. You can see the springs are still in good shape and it was mounted well to the tractor.

195881.jpg

195882.jpg

Springs
195883.jpg

Thanks for the input and I may just get that seat you posted someday.

I meant to include in my last post that I could use some pics of a 59M shredder. I recently lost many pics due to a puter cleanin'. This shredder just looks incomplete beneath the hopper. The po used a small piece of oak to tension the belt and that's the reason it looks cock-eyed on the tractor.

Kraig....? You out there?

Prethanks to any and all.

FRANK C. - Wonder if Ken has run the shrimp boat into the dock yet!
lol.gif

DON T. - I kinda followed what was going on with the Ram diesel's when I started my THREE YEAR process of shopping for my current truck. I knew one of the transmission options was way down on HP with the 5.9 Cummins. I knew I didn't want anything to do with an NV4500 after having two NP435's in my F150's.

Funny but true story, My Wife was dead set against a diesel, "Those Smelly, Noisey things!". Her Dad had two GM diesel's, a 6.2L in a van and a 6.5L in a K1500. One night on a phone call She asked Her Dad if He'd buy another diesel. "In a Heart-Beat" was his answer which meant I could now shop for my PSD. I ordered it, waited thirteen weeks for delivery, picked it up Thursday nite June 27, 1996, and about a block away from the dealer was sitting at a traffic light and a breeze blew a BIG wifF of diesel exhaust into the cab. I got "The Look" of extreme displeasure, I quickly rolled her window up with my power window buttons and turned on the A/C. These were both NEW options for me in a pickup, I'd always gotten bare bones Custom's before.

ANYHOW, SON's here and we're working on paint again today. Cool, not humid, slight breeze. Son's sanding and I'm working on a BIG landscape project. Using the 70 & home-made belly blade to grade around the side of the house towards the shop. We're adding about 2000 sq. feet of grass to the yard which is a change because until about 6:15 PM last night it was going to be "Mulched". The CFO changed her mind and I learned 30+ yrs ago to NOT Question things like that!

Wayne, yep I'm here. Been kinda busy here at work and having various computer issues, the latest is the video card quit providing blue so everything is a very yellow tint, so I've been mainly in lurking mode.
lurking.gif
What can I do for you?
dunno.gif

Here's what my monitor looks like.
eww.gif
destroy.gif

195885.jpg

Kent,

Tru-Powers, hands down winner in my book....

195887.jpg

Last time I heard from KENtucky was on August 19th. He emailed me about a 25" walleye that his friend had caught that had been bitten by a bigger walleye as he was reeling it in. KENtucky was trying to get copies of the cell phone photos his friend's son took of the bite on the 25" walleye. So far no photos and no more info from KENtucky.

Kraig, maybe your screen got a a bit of yellow fever... I was without my computer at work yesterday afternoon, amazing how much we rely on these things!

I did get a trunion part made, now I just need to visit a friend with a welder!

Wayne, your 59M shredder looks to a drive belt stretched or too long. The bracket on the bottom across from pivot point should have a spring in each of the 2 vertical tubes to push up for belt tension. Check Cub Cadet Parts LOOKUP @ top of page. Some models had an idler pulley for tension and some had 2 springs pushing up on the bracket under the shredder main housing for belt tension..... That seat looks to be an antique addon, maybe a field improvement package at one time in the past.

Kent,

2 more pics, one with a pair of SGT's during an engine swap, one with Carlisle Super Lugs, the other with Tru-powers (preferred IMHO), and the other of my "Super 782" with 26x12x12 Tru-Powers.

195889.jpg

195890.jpg

Turns out my monitor had failed. I just switched it out with a different one here and I'm back to normal colors. Whew that greenish yellow was making me sick.
eww.gif

Hmmm, I wonder how long it will take my coworker to noticed I switched monitors with him...
angel.gif

Hey Denny, Do you need any sprinklers and hose to get that landscaping area of "Madison Parks" grass seed to mowable condition for your 2 Cub Cadets. I've got surplus of both and maybe a 4 zone automatic controller that would let you watch the grass grow setting on that IH 982.

Thanks Kraig, I think Paul pretty much answered my question. I looked up the parts I need and now wonder if they are available. I need p/n 59638-C1 which are the springs and the belt tensioning support, p/n 59628-C1.

I am going to call the IH dealer nearest me and see if they by chance can still be had. If not then I'll need someone with a 59M to respond with measurements so I might duplicate them. It looks like the tensioner is something I can make.

Thanks again for all of the input.

No pictures of the Mott came through ?I don`t see half the pictures on this confusher on this site and half to use the shop with explorer to see.
195893.jpg

This will be my last try for the Mott.
old.gif

Steve,
Thanks for the pics. I have Tru-powers on 2 of my tractors and I am really pleased with them. I have one set of 8.5's and one set of 10.5's.
Keep the pics coming please.
buttrock.gif

Hey Guys, I need to tap into your mechanical knowledge here and expose my lack of...my 1650 died in the field after backfiring quite a bit. I put a new condenser, coil and points in and she started right away. I didn't do any timing yet as I found it difficult to see the points gap open and turn the engine at the same time so I set them at .020" for now. My problem is that she's not running smoothly all the time - keeps missing a bit. It looks like the breaker rod is not coming out of the engine far enough and I'm wondering how to "fix" that. I thought this came up a while ago but I couldn't find it in the archives so I'm wondering if you guys can help this dummy out?

Wayne,

Early 59M's, like yours, didn't use a tensioner, instead relying on the springs in the support plate under the discharge chute....bad idea.

I made a new support plate for mine that used 3/4" redi-bolt and double nuts to allow me to set the tension.

195895.jpg

Thanks Steve-

I think I understand what you're trying to say. It looks like it could be a simple fix. The bolts you spoke of can adjust the tensioner up thus tightening the belt. Did you make that mule drive/bracket? Even though mine's mounted on a nf I think there are sets of holes to widen it for a wf tractor. Also, if the one I have is an old model what do the newer ones use to tighten the belt? I would assume it's something like you have come up with. Do you know if parts are still available for these machines? I never got a break to call today and find out.

Thanks again.....Wayne

Ed K. I am really tired so if I read correctly you may just need to take the points pusher rod out and inspect it to see if it is bulged out at one end. It doesn't take much for those soft pins to cause your symptons. You may just need the new plunger for the points.

I think the mosquitoes around here lately have literally drained almost all my blood out of my body. They are terrible.

Latest posts

Back