• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still lurkin...
wave.gif
lurk lurk lurkin!!
ihrotate.gif

<font size="-2">is everybody out watching thier Chevys rust?</font>

Ed K. Sure thing... Just remove the points and the rod will slide right out. (I am at work and gotta start @ 5:30. I am just checking in for now.) It is my understanding there can be two different rods so be sure to get the correct one.

Ya'll have a good one.

ART, STEVE B. - I'm still partial to my old Firestone's. Wish I could find another pair for the 70. Might have to put the 8.50's from the 72 on the 70 and get a pair of the new 10.50's for the 72.

PAUL - Thanks for the offer of the sprinklers & timers. The area is right next to the house. I'll just run the garden hose out and water the new grass for an hour moving the sprinkler every 15 minutes. The grass I seeded last year really looks nice. It sprouted in 3-4 days watering like that, and was "mowable" withing a week.

Sure been giving the 70 & belly blade a work out the last couple days. It's amazing how much grading you can do with a 7-8 HP CC. It's got one off-brand set of weights & chains. I can roll a windrow of hard packed black dirt or clay off the blade and it just idles along in first gear. To make the blade "CUT" I just stand on whatever end of the blade I want to make cut deeper. And if I need to drag more dirt a shoe/boot in front of the blade fills it full of lose dirt so I can fill in low spots.

The only thing I think that could be better than this combo would be Jim Chabot's twin-engine 4WD CC/grader he built. I know he had it running, don't know if he ever got the blade made for it. For those who never saw it, maybe Kraig has a picture? (hint-hint!) TIA Kraig.

Forgot to mention. SON finally got some color shot on the 70's hood & snow blade brackets yesterday. I think our non-OEM available IH 901 white is REALLY close in color. Comparing the paint to the white paper of the disposable strainer/funnel it has just the slightest hint of tan to it. The hood won't be "Perfect" but considering what we started with it's hard to believe it's the same hood!

Ohhhh, and Paul R. - Just let me know when your ready to mount your new Firestone's. Unless we BS too much it should only take an hour.

dON - i'M TOO EMBARASSED to post pic's of the 70. It's in kinda depressing shape.

I'll have pic's of the hood when it's done, minus the OEM model decals, the included "70" & "100" decals are not correct. Not sure what we're going to do about them. Maybe something custom. The "International Cub Cadet" decals are PERFECT matches.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 08:26 am:

...One night on a phone call She asked Her Dad if He'd buy another diesel. "In a Heart-Beat" was his answer which meant I could now shop for my PSD. I ordered it, waited thirteen weeks for delivery, picked it up Thursday nite June 27, 1996, and about a block away from the dealer was sitting at a traffic light and a breeze blew a BIG wifF of diesel exhaust into the cab. I got "The Look" of extreme displeasure, I quickly rolled her window up with my power window buttons and turned on the A/C. These were both NEW options for me in a pickup, I'd always gotten bare bones Custom's before.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Funny you should mention that, after a few years of deciding on a new truck I ordered one last year... and its got exactly what I want... no power windows no auto locks or auto anything (unless you count the in-dash brake controller). Its almost impossible anymore to get even a work truck without an auto and power everything. Guess no one wants em anymore, but you wouldnt know that from all my friends! Theres hardly an auto in the group!

The 5.9 and 7.3's were great motors but in getting a new truck last year the diesel options are less appealing to me; although the power #'s now are somewhat crazy I didnt like the price tag or the expensive maintenance and possibility of lots more expensive mechanical problems, so I stuck with a gasser thats had a great rep with everyone I know thats had one (V10). And anymore with the higher cost of diesel that takes a big chunk out of the fuel mileage savings - or the whole thing on years that diesel is pushing 20-30% higher cost.

I dont have a pic of my truck handy but it is in a couple of my cub pics! Here is one from this year getting firewood...
195938.jpg

And that just made me think of a panoramic photo I took the same day back in the woods getting firewood. I just got the software on my computer last week and stitched them together. Has there ever been a panoramic photo featuring a cub? This is three photos stiched together:
195939.jpg

Sorry about the edges of the photo that happens with panos and I felt it looked ok still and cropping it flat would cut out too much of the pic.

For a larger pic click here...

Steve, is this your brother Andy?
dunno.gif
Is he the one that took those bird's eye view PD1 photos?

195945.jpg

195946.jpg

Kraig,

One and the same!!!!

Today he's on an 80' man-lift re-roofing a church steeple.....I don't know where he got that gene, but it sure doesn't run in the rest of the family.....I didn't like re-roofing my 4/12 pitch ranch!!!!!

I need help with a front clutch on a 123 hydro how to take apart and what parts to i need thank you for any help

The weather outside is absolutely fantastic. However the mosquitoes are horrific. I'm going to wait until this weekend before I bathe in OFF before going to work on the Cubs. Sure wish that I had some Avon Skin so Soft.
195957.gif

They are even eating the guys driving these things....
195958.gif

Denny-

Quote: "I'm TOO EMBARASSED to post pic's of the 70. It's in kinda depressing shape."

Here... I'll post this pic of my 71 so that your 70 won't be the UGLIEST tractor on the forum.

195961.jpg

There, now it's your turn!
happy.gif

David * Mooseman * R. Check above in <font color="ff0000">FAQ</font> #7, then Charlie's <font color="ff0000">FAQ</font>...

Denny ,I decided to use the rear wheels off my 582. Now to dig it out of the shop's cluster corner & decide where to park it for longterm holding .
1a_scratchhead.gif

Aaytay: where did you get those tires on the back of the 71? i like those, if they are still selling them i might buy some for my Midland walkbehind and the '63 O. they look like they are tough as nails, at least then i could save my factory sets of town/country snow tires

Justin-
Those tires are made by Carlisle for an older skid-steer. They are called "Trac Chief" and are a little narrow @ 5.5" wide, but yes they are a very tough tire.

195977.jpg

I'm running them as DUALS for a "future project".
asthanos.gif

195978.jpg

<font size="-2">Pay no attention to the blade on the front of that tractor. Duals and snow blades do NOT go together!</font>
err.gif

Latest posts

Back