• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Just a little update on why my cub doesn't start from the key switch. The PO had a little patch work going on, have to admit it has lasted quite awhile for being what it is.

64285.jpg

64286.jpg

Found a crack in the frame when I had the motor out the other day.

64287.jpg

I have another problem with my 1200. my rear deck wheels are currently grinding my bar tread off of the tires. This was the same issue with the old tires as well. There seems to be only about 1" of play on both sides of the wheels and deck wheels. I purchased a fairly decent mule drive system, but still no luck. any thoughts where to look to solve the problem? I have my old mule drive, has anyone ever thought of moving the deck forward 1" or so as long as i have front tire clearence? Email me at [email protected] as i am pretty busy and will be on vacation in a week. Thanks in advance. Bruce

Bruce C.
There's a real easy fix for that. Even if you don't have this styyle deck, you can do the gauge wheels this way to solve your problem.
64289.jpg

David,
Nice 127 you got there. What paint did you use to paint the hood?
I was recently given a 127 as a parts tractor. However, I am thinking about fixing it up to go along with my 126.

ccannon

I finally got to mow my lawn tonight after not mowing it for over 2 months. I also fine tuned my hanger bracket. A couple of years ago I bought a 44a deck to install on my NF 147. I wanted to mow with gator blades and gators will not fit on a stock 147 deck. This is what the deck looks like with a standard straight hanger. As you can see the deck is too far forward so it hits the front tire. I had tried adding shims to the deck bracket, but the deck geometry was still way off.
64300.jpg

This is what the deck looks like with the correct humpback style hanger. The tires no longer hit the deck and the deck can easily be leveled. However with the deck raised all of the way up the blades are about 2 3/4" off the ground. I like to mow at about 3 inches so the deck was too low.
64301.jpg

I decided to make new hanger brackets. This is what I came up with so far. And they are working good. I will paint them this fall.
64302.jpg

To install the hanger brackets you just slide the bracket over the hanger.
64303.jpg

Then slide it over the lift arm stud.
64304.jpg

Now pivot the bracket and install the bolt. This is what it looks like on the back side.
64305.jpg

The deck now raises almost too high. I have to make sure I stop the deck before raising it up.
64306.jpg

So if anyone is planning on installing a 44a deck on a NF, you will want to make some custom brackets.

Charlie,
Yes send it to me.. but you think this will solve my wheel holders cutting the tires as well. Thoughts?
bruce

Bruce,
Without knowing/seeing what tires or what deck you have and how it's set up now, There's no way i can tell you anything other than by moving the wheel brackets to the center, you lessin the chance of cutting tires, especially if you measure things out really well first.

Whats the best way to apply the dash decal on a 1X8/9, and the other decals for that matter?

Back