• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctrost

displayname
Colin "Toasty" Trost
someone has to have built an amphi-cub, havent they?

;)

Terry,

Thanks for the advice but I know why mine quit starting from the switch. I don't have any picuters of it yet but some one before me used butt splices to connect a different plug for the key switch
bottom.gif
. Butt splices are a big no no when it comes to a perminante electrical repair. There's just no substitute for silver solder and heat shrink
thumbsup.gif

Hello, I am a new member and this is my first post. I finally reached a goal of mine and bought 2 acres of property and bought a cub cadet 127 to restore. I have finished the tractor (rebuilt the 12hp kohler and painted everything) and it works awesome for cutting grass. One of the things I wanted to do was to install a snowthrower for winter. I found a very nice H42k snowthrower that was off a 1210 cub. Does anyone know if this is able to be adapted to work on my 127? Thanks in advance, Dave
64237.jpg

David S., WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
Nice job on the 127! Any chance you could post some detail photos of that headlight setup? The proper snowthrower for your 127 would be either a QA36 or a QA42 however a QA36A or a QA42A would also mount right up. The H42 will require cutting and welding and changing out the drive pulley to make it work. The QA36 and or QA42 snowthrowers should be readily available, though you may have to be patient and/or be willing to drive a fair distance to pick it up.

Kraig,

You like that headlight set-up? hehehe. Those are driving lights that I got from Auto Zone that are halogen 55w each. I temporally mounted them to make sure the starter/generator would keep up with the demand before I permanently mounted them. I recessed them into that front plate to give it a real clean look. And WOW are they bright. I will post a picture for you soon. Thanks for the information on the snowthrower. I was kinda hoping that the H42 would work because it's free, and that's right up my alley. BTW are you talking about the drive pulley on the PTO or the driven pulley on the snowthrower that would have to be changed?
Dave

David, no need to repeat the posts here. I'm referring to the driven pulley on the snowthrower. The H42 would have a pulley for a 5/8" belt and the 127 PTO is for a 3/8" belt. If you can get the H42 for free it might be useful for trading purposes or sell it to raise funds for the purchase of the proper snowthrower. The cutting and welding that will have to be done would be to adapt the wider H42 mounting subframe to the narrower 127 frame.

David S., here's what the QA36 and QA42 looks like.

64239.jpg

64240.jpg

Sorry to repeat the post (Told you I'm new at this) Thank you for the pictures on the qa36/qa42. I'll probably get laughed at, but is a zig-zag?
And BTW, I have an interesting question. My in-laws have a newer Craftsman 38" 12 hp lawn tractor. Mine is also rated at 12hp. How can this be? The power difference is not even close. My tractor can cut (and did)18" high wild grass without ever hardly slowing down whle their's boggs down with 5" grass. What's up with that?

David S., the shape of the grill housing, (side view) has two angles, some around here refer to that style as a Zig Zag. I believe the older engines have a better torque curve and can do more work with less HP. While I don't know all the details on it I've heard that it is due to some EPA regulations that caused redesigns of small engines. The first Cub Cadet only had 7hp and it would power a 36" mower deck a 36" snowthrower, it could pull a 10" turning plow.

David, BTW, the Zig Zag is my favorite style, it was also used on the model 125 my all time favorite Cub Cadet.

64243.jpg

Now I know what a zig-zag is, thanks. My wife thought I was nuts ripping this tractor all apart in the garage and rebuilding it, but I'm proud of it. She didn't quite share the same enthusiasm when I first started it with my new rebuild and drove it around the block several times to show it off. Women....
screwloose.gif

Hey, do you guys know if there there are any plans out there to manufacture your own lawn vacuum/leaf sucker? They are so expensive in my opinion and outside of the turbine unit, there doesn't seem to be anything complicated about building one. Any thoughts?

Dave S.,
That sure is one awesome-looking 127 you've got there!
thumbsup.gif

Did you also install a tail light of some kind/type?
When you get a chance, how about posting a nice pic of the left & rear sides of that good-looking machine of yours!
drool.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Todd H.,
Thanks for the tip on Kendall's 5-27-07 post.
I'll try to send Kendall an email and ask if he still has that manual.
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

There's only a few here that know what a Zig-Zag is ...
deadat30.gif

My 127 wants to grow up to look like that
thumbsup.gif

KentucK - with the high cost of smokes in Michigan, a lot of people (not me) know what ZigZags are..( at least I think thats the reason
whistling.gif
)
Ryan - we need to ask Myron .........

Welcome David S,
I have 2 127s and neither look as nice as yours.
Nice job with it. Glad your wife can drive and enjoy the Cub. But you may have to get her one now

Mower deck question: The other day I had a guy tell me that some of the CC decks can be rebuilt fairly cheaply and easily and that some are very costly to rebuild. Honestly, I can't remember exactly what he said but I think it had something to do with the type bearings. Can someone explain this to me. I have 4 decks and only one has a decal/data plate that is legible and it is a 44A. Is there some distinguishing characteristic I can go by to tell which decks I have?

Need some help guys, tonight I was mowing the lawn when I noticed the gear shift lever was kind of sloppy, in fact I could move the gear shift lever more to the left and right than normal. So I removed the fenders and removed the gear shift lever housing ass'y. I noticed where the gear shift lever enters the housing ass'y , there is a crack. My question is, how do I remove the gear shift lever ass'y from the gear shift lever housing ass'y ?
64259.jpg

64260.jpg

64261.jpg

Do I remove this pin to get the bottom piece out ?
64262.jpg

Back