• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craig R. -

Chill. My last statement is more "thinking out loud" than accusing you of anything. However, you didn't follow the rules with your first post, either.

WTH, did everyone get out on the wrong side of bed this morning?

Man, I wish Charlie'd get back so HE could be the a-hole again
lol.gif

The 48" decks were sold for about 4 years before the first 14hp Cub Cadet, (the model 147), came along. The 48" decks were sold for use on the 122 and 123. Here's a photo from the 71, 1x2/3 brochure that shows a 122 with an early pin-on 48" deck mounted. There were, I believe, 3 variations of the 48" deck, the one in the photo is the first version.

38331.jpg

I'm new to the site so I will probably be asking some dumb questions that have already been ask. I have owned a 122 since about 1970 and it has been well used. I have decided to give it a little TLC instead of just working it to death. The steering is real loose. Is there a way to tighten the steering arms on the spindles, without buying all new parts? Also, will the steering box from a 107 fit a 122? Thanks in advance.
Don

Ray L. -

I think everyone's really pissed about Pluto's demotion
lol.gif

Kraig -

Thanks for the timeline, but I still think it's a bit much for a 12, no matter how perfect your zigzags are
wink.gif

Don A. -

There's only so much you can adjust before you're going to need to replace parts. I'd imagine that the follower would be pretty darn worn if it has never been replaced. I'd at least replace all four ball joints then see about adjusting the follower per the repair manual.

Referring to http://cubfaq.com/steeringrebuild.html might be handy, too.

From the same brochure:

38333.jpg

Note the caption below for the photo above.

38334.jpg

Kraig -

Nice yellow footrests...

Roland:

I checked the conection (I should have mentioned that) and it was clean, BUT the wireing in general it al little spotty on this tractor.

Sounds like it's time to start cleaning connections...

K

Bryan, I'm not saying that it will work OK I'm saying that they WERE sold with the 122 regardless of what Madson's or anyone else says.
happy.gif

I bet you're right it's the deal with Pluto being dropped as a planet. :eek:(

Craig, did you talk with Scott when you called Madson's? Also a Gates belt won't hold up regardless of the condition of the deck pulleys. The Gates belt is not designed to hold up to the twist that occurs with the mule drive pulleys. Unless perhaps it's a Gates Green belt I think they are designed for that type of application.

Thank you all for your help (weights) and also that 100 is still one fine looking machine. Starting to get my part list together for my new clutch unit. Might as well have stuff on hand to get ready to do "the project".

Pops

Back