• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny - Carbon is the backbone of life ... Hey yer Kohler is living ! You might be running a little rich on the carb.

Christian: There is many variables you are asking. The little Sears is ok I used one for years for priming and such. Moved on to a HVLP unit from Eastwood I really like that unit.

As for thinning, house paint use about a 1 to 4 ratio. For automotive paint that depends, are you using a hardener? The secret to all this is do not be scared and the trick I like to use is this. Get everything mixed up and then practice on a piece of plywood, scrap steel, or anything that is handy. Shoot your paint and practice remembering to give it time to flash between coats (get tacky)once you see what you got move on to your parts.

The pot time (paint in your sprayer) will give you plenty of time to practice. Plus you can add more paint or thinner as needed. Practice is the key here my 1000 looks good but my next one will look better!

Guys I am very fortunate on my plugs since I do not use my 1000 and 1650 very much I have been running Marathon 92 octane gas in these guys with the plugs staying clean, of course being tuned up and all helps a lot also.

Blackend sparkplug (noticed I did not say oily) tip generally means too much fuel being dumped in combustion chamber, or letting the little guy sit there and idle way to long, or possibility your plug wire is breaking down.

Pops

I'm wondering if a 48" mower deck off a Cub 104 will fit my 1973 Cub 149 which currently carries a 42" deck of questionable integrity. Thanks

William P., yes the 48" deck should mount right up. However, you might need a different BELT. If your 149 had a 44" deck, then you'd have to do some mixing and matching on the deck subframes.

Hi, new here. I kind of restored a 129 which now having engine totally redone again.
Thinking of getting a 169 cub. I've heard there aren't too many. Anyone have numbers, or info on this tractor..or on how hard it is to find one or tips on where to start looking. Anything would be great. always loved Cub cadets and am glad to finish my first one. thanks Jim

<font size="+2">Hello!</font> <font size="+1">Hello!</font> Hello! <font size="-1">Hello!</font> <font size="-2">Hello!</font> Dang, did I break this thing?
dunno.gif
shhh.gif

Whew! I didn't.
proud.gif
roflol.gif

James S.-

I've heard there was only about 4000 or so made. I've only ever seen 1 around my area. Best way to find one would be to put in a want ad here in the wanted section.
happy.gif

seem to remember some one was looking for a tiller adapter to put a #2 on a cat o three point hitch a while back. I saw this on ebay today. item #270154046401

The real question is: Charlie how many of the 4005 made do you have?

Pops
err.gif

Hello everyone thank you for letting me join. I have just picked up a 125 hydrostatic dual rear wheel. I dont no anything about it and cant find any ID tag's I called my local dealer he's is telling me 1967 to 1969 how can I find out what I have I need to find a rear axel

Hey Fellas, is there any way to repair the rubber mounts on a 1X8/9 voltage regulator? mine were toasted, and the bottom one was actually broken... who knew???

Just about the time you decide to give up on a tuneup after a new coil,condensor, points and a gunky carb. You get a pleasant surprise when you turn the key for the first time after it having set in a barn for 17 years!

CLICK HERE

Glen C.
And here I thought you were gonna post a hard question.
biggrin.gif

If you'll look at the VR, you'll notice that the rubber is just held in with small rivets.
Drill the easy ones off with a drill bit and the others with a small dremel tool or hand file.
Find yourself some old belting or even a heavy duty floor mat, cut yourself a strip and rivet it right back where the old one came from.
thumbsup_old.gif

Glen, you will have to get creative for that one. I fixed mine by drilling the rivets and replacing them with screws next I used some rubber from a truck tire tread I found on the side of the road, I managed to duplicate the broken pieces by cutting grinding and drilling etc. I was a pain in the butt but I saved a good regulator. They worked great! LOL...

UPDATE
On the fouled plug.

The gunk, black oily carbon, had shorted across the gap of the plug, I cleaned the plug and befor reinstalling it I spun over the motor a couple of times, a spray of wet oily black gunk came out the plug hole.
I reinstalled the plug and the motor fired right up.
I had poured 4 to 5 ounces of MMO into the full tank in hopes of unsticking the rings in the motor as I belive they are stuck due to the excevise blue smoke comming out the breather and oil comsumption of the motor.
I have only used 1/2 of this tank of gas so far.

When I replaced the head gasket last spring I miked the cylinder and it was only .001 out of standard bore so I dont think the cylinder needs a rebore yet, but I could be wrong.

Lonny, who knows what evil was lurking in the crank case that the MMO finally loosened up and sprayed around. Grease Monkey place says they do crankcase flushes!
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back