• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 11, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony C:

First, welcome to the forum
38050.jpg

I would highly suggest, that you get a set of Manuals for your Cub. One of the sponsors (Binders Books) to this site is an excellent supplier for these. I would suggest:
* 1082659 Operator's Manual
* Tec-Sec-125 Parts Manual
* GSS-1398 Service Manual

Also, you can go here and download a free copy of the Kohler Service Manual
http://www.kohlerengines.com/common/resources/tp_2379.pdf

Some of your questions can be answered by clicking on the "FAQ" section to this forum and look at items #7 & #9.

Parts can be had from one of the Sponsor's listed above or your local Cub Cadet Dealer.

In Cub Cadet World the PTO is considered the Clutching Device located at the front of the motor. Most of these PTO's are mechanical and in later years were electric.

In the tractor world, 3 Pt hitches come in different catagories. Cub Cadet has a Catagory 0, while farm tractors have a Catagory I, II, or III. The higher the number, the heavier the load. That is why Cub Cadet are different, it is rated for a lighter load.

Hope that answers your questions. Feel free to come back and inquiry some more as your questions arise.

Anthony, I enjoyed your story of your finding out about old Cub Cadet tractors. You came to the right place.

BTW, I grew up running a Cub Cadet 125 that my parents bought new in 1969. I still have it along with another 125 and a few others. :eek:)

Hi Anthony, Something that caught my eye on the PTO picture is it may not be adjusted right. The button that presses on the PTO to release it should just barely clear it when disengaged. In the picture it looks like a big space there. It may not be pushing on the PTO enough to release it.

John G., yes, but note the position of the PTO engagement lever, it's in the far forward position as you would have it for installing or removing a belt. But then again it does look like there is more space there than there is on my 125s when the lever is full forward for belt installation..... Might be worth checking into Anthony.

Far forward??..belt installing position???? Oh thats right, wer'e talking narrow frame zig zagers here.
worthy.gif

To all friends and customers of Kirk Engines, Inc., just a note to let you know that if you've e-mailed lately and received no response, please do so again. I'm recovering from a massive computer failure and almost up to speed. The temporary e-mail that I was using did not work well and I have reason to believe that some of my replies were never delivered. It was a good excuse to upgrade as the old computer was seven years old...rather stone aged in today's technology.

Thanks for your patience and understanding

Back