• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 11, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bubba,
Kinda talking about Ih Steam Engines today. Well, this is the closest IH ever got to making Steam Engines.
38009.jpg

You think you Brinly is old??? Check this out.
38011.jpg

And YES, IT IS A BRINLY!! I saw it cast into the beam.

Tom, Great day at the show. Tried to plow a little, only work well when someone stood on the plow. Not enough weight with the dual on. I got the plow cleaned up anyway.

See Chris. You need that buddy seat that I was talking about. I can always provide ballast.

that sounds like a dangerous combo glen and chris on the same tractor plowing!!!!!!!

Charlie,
That's not dust. It's a protective coating the 108 developed as a defense mechanism to keep it from being infected by the green parts laying on and all around it.
Man, this is so much faster, and the time zone has even changed. Great upgrades, guys! Kind of like when I switched from tilling with my smokin', worn-out, 109 with regular manual lift and as-purchased tiller to using the 147 and it's spring-assisted electric lift and tuned-up tiller tines.

Bruce M. -

The time zone was never broken. The server used to be in mountain time, now it's in central time. I'm sure the folks east of us STILL think the time zone is broke
wink.gif

Bryan,
I said changed. I never said anything about "broken". Still think the changes are great.
groupwave.gif

Would anyone happen to know the correct PTO belt for a Q/L and a 48" mower deck...??
confused.gif

I can't seem to find that combination in the belt charts that I have.

Roland B: CPE-2 doesn't list it either. However, if you look closely, you will note that the NF's use the same PTO belt for the 38/42/48 decks. So it's likely the same PTO belt that fits the WFs with 38 & 42 decks also fits the WFs with 48 decks.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Finally able to post again, thanks Charlie. Looks like my profile is wiped out.

Everything looks good and the free classified is great. Like the higher picture resolution. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

Hope some day to have time to post again.

Okie Dokie folks!
One More Time!
biggrin.gif

All that can read the forum and can't post.

SCROLL down a few post and read what Bryan had to say on that subject, PLEASE!
The reason for the periodic cleanup was to make space in the old server. That is NOT a problem now so the mass deletion of members that never post or post very little won't have to take place in the future.

ALSO,
Please email [email protected] and not me or Bryan directly, your email will be handled in a more timely manner that way.
biggrin.gif

This is a test!
happy.gif

---
Charlie, If you're into stealing Iowa cubs, you might want to check this nicer looking one out!
38019.jpg

I drove it this morning.
38017.jpg

38018.jpg

It started, ran and lifted the deck ok. Hydro lever is hard to move. Lights did not come on.

You could buy it for less $$$ than what I'd want for my 108.

Well this is all I saw comin home this morning.
That sucker followed me all the way too!
38014.jpg

Even got a new top for the boat,
38015.jpg

I have to go back after this little guy, I shoulda took the big trailer, sigh!
38016.jpg

John L. By chance is that at the green dealer south of Waterloo? Looks nice.

Charlie P. If'n you want Rob D. or I could pick up that 127 that you had to leave behind. Save you a trip.
biggrin.gif

John L.
That thing is to pretty to come home with me! Prolly to pricey too.

Marlin,
Thanks for the offer but after the call I got a little while ago, It looks like the big trailer is in order for the return trip.
biggrin.gif

Marlin, Yep. Ask for Tom Roberts, tell him I sent you & he'll probably up the price!
happy.gif

My name is Anthony Casteel. I am 17 and live in Valley Center Cal. There is this older fellow who lives down the street from me and he used to be a orange farmer. i went to introduce myself and he showed me around his place. When i was n this tour we went down to his barn and i noticed this ride-on mower. i saw the cub cadet logo and was amazed at how old it was. At the time i had no knowlege of cub cadet and thought that they were olny sold at home depot.

I had gone to a tractor show a few weeks later and saw a ford 8-n for sale and this spark ignited. i really wanted to restor a tractor. i diddent have enough money for the 8-n so i got some advice. "this is a big tractor! You should start off with somthing small so that you can see if you wuld really want to do this." So i went home and went right over to the older fellows house. i asked him if he would want to see me the cub. the first reaction was no because he diddent know whick one i was talking about.

I found out he had 2. A cub 125 and a 154 low boy or somthing like that. So he showed me the low boy and i was amazed at the size. it was bigger than my kubota bx 23! So he took me down to the barn and showed me the 125......which was the one i was talking about in the first place. he said i could take it and if i get it running just to let him use it when ever he needed. so i agreed and took it home. He then showed me the rotary tiller that went with it. i was yet agian amazed at the stuff you can get for a garden tractor!

I have a friend that kinda like me. He lives on a ranch but is a tractor freak! He has just about every vintage tractor you can imagine. He is also a wiz with the kolher engins. So he can over and we fixed it.

it happened to be a blown head gasget.

So the first and most important thing is i got it running and then i did more touch upwork to it.
Fixed a front flat tire, wire wheeled the rust off the muffler, and changed the motor oil.

i took it to a tractor show and it was a pretty big hit. but i started to have problems with it. i would just die out of the blue.

I had cleanded out the gas tank with laquer thiner and just random nuts and bolts.
What you do is fill the tank about 1/4 full and dump in nuts and bolts. not small ones......big ones. and you shake the tank, but not so hard that you dent it. then you dump the stuff out and let the tank sit open to dry.

Thats my tip of the day = P

So anyways. The on/off switch for the gas was pluged up by gas that had crystalized. So the engin wasent getting fule.

Then i got the idea to put the mower deck on and try mowing the lawn......And boy was that fun! But a big clean-up job. i diddent know that the mower shot grass 6 feet out!

So i found out that one of the bolts had gotten lopped sided and one of the blades stays loose all the time. So first question that i need help with. Were do you find the mower deck bolts?

Then i got the roto tiller. Wow that thing is awsome! But i started looking around at other I.H. tarctors and my 3 point hitch is different?!?!

So what kinda 3-point do i have? It has that pully on it. There is a wheel/pully thing on the bottom but i have to get it pressed on. It fell off when i took the belt off for the tiller.

So is it after market? Because it doesnt have a a lip coming out of the back for a trailer hitch.

Now. my BIG question that i can not figure out.

The p.t.o.

Now when i say p.t.o. im used to big tractor talk. So i think the shaft in the rear of the tractor to run a tiller or mower or somethin of that sort. So the p.t.o. on the front of the engin.

And im pretty shure all of you know what im talking about but what ever.

I cannot get it to disengauge. People keep telling me their are springs in there and they have gone bad and thats my problem.

I think my real problem is that i dont know how to take it off the tractor!So thats my big deal. I really dont know what to do or were to start.

So if i could get some help with that it would be awsome! Thanks guys!

Anthony Casteel

And sorry for the life story about the cub. but hey! Were else in the world other than the cub cadet foum can i share all this without boreing someone!

38040.jpg

38041.jpg

38042.jpg

38043.jpg

38044.jpg

38045.jpg

38046.jpg

38047.jpg

So above i've posted some pics of the beast. The 3 point hitch, mower deck and p.t.o.
Then the tractor as it stands today. As you can see i have repainted some parts.

Back