• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 09, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert R.-

Assuming the bearings and races are the same as the later models (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) you need the IH-71930-C91 kit. I'd take that number with you, as your dealer will probably not know about it unless they are really good.

I bought a second 782 tractor this week.The first one has been working fine mowing and throwing the lot and walks at my woodshop since 2003. The second will do our new house I hope. All looked and sounded good at purchase. Once in the garage I noticed some pto noise.The cap screw and washer were missing.
After comparing the two tractors both early ih with the cast iron rearends I noticed that crankshaft was an inch longer and the bolt from the other crank is too big.I do not think it ever had the washer installed. The tractor was repowered with a series 2 kt-17 and I assume it was for a different tractor. after pulling the pto I found some wear on the shaft and the bushing.the motor runs good. The only fix I have heard is to pull the crank and recut it to cub specs. That sounds like a lot of work to me. has anyone worked around a problem like this? any input would be great, as the heat in my kitchen if you know what I mean Thank You, John

Rob D.

Glad it worked...it's amazing just how much that "over adjustment" messes up the works. It seems logical to bottom it out, but it sure doesn't work that way!!!! Glad it's back to normal!!!

Guys just home from camping and found a new tool to use on my Cubs.An ultrasonic Cleaner for carbs and small items. I was at the local bike shop getting my Nomad re jetted and he showed me a carb before and after he cleaned it with this. So I`am gonna give this a try .

228772.jpg

Here is what I`am going to add to the basket and cook it for 1hr and see how it works.It heats the liquid to 175 deg. Just soap and water (dawn dish washing soap). I will post the results as the guy that owns this wants a bigger model to do 4 carbs off motorcycles at one time , so this could be mine if this test works like he Bragg's lol.

228773.jpg

Dave,
Here again William, I did rebuild myself, had it bore .010 over to fix a score. I did port and polish it, the head has been deck,I am thinking the compression to high? not sure.
oil is black after running for about 10 hours.
going to pull the head and check the piston on Monday.

DonT - You need a new sediment bowl gasket. I thought once about getting an ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning brass cases. I'm interested to see how it does.

KENtuckyKEN

OMG I think I owe the guy what he wants for this . He are the results of a 1 hr cook . I should have waite till it reached 175 deg till I set the timmer cause I think that will make a big difference in how it cleans.I will be buying this For my Cub carbs I see now.

228777.jpg

228778.jpg

Now in for another hr. Why not lol
old.gif

DonT - Yeah you better buy that. It looks like with a little playing with detergent you could get better cleaning too. Find some brand that works better , maybe dishwasher stuff.

Hey you can finally get that sesame seed out of your false teeth now
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back