• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 09, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dross

displayname
Dave Ross
Steven B, the 1650 series is considered a wide frame the 82 series is a spread frame isn't it?

Yea the 82 series is "spread frame" to allow for the twin cylinder.

Robert, interesting Cub. Looks like a model 100 with fenders off of a 1x6/7 or 1x8/9. What's the S/N of it? The grill has some details that make me think it might be a very early 70/100 chassis. BTW, I fixed your post.
happy.gif

Any chance you could post a detail photo of the lower portion of the grill casting that better shows those two holes?

228656.jpg

Not quite the same but still makes you think; Hmmmm...

228658.jpg

Kraig, LOVE the 806 photo, had one on the farm like that only with a wide front, spent tons of time on it in the field and grinding feed , great tractor,

To stay on topic solved my charging problem on my son's 1650 today with a new rectifier, had good voltage on the flywheel windings, so did a new install, back to a charging battery,I'll try to remember the FAQ's from now on!!

I finally got my clutch parts all installed and working great....hooked up my Tiller and tore up some NC red clay...
But, always a but... while I was under my 106 I noticed the front axle was loose and took this picture in hopes of some good advice on what I'm missing. this picture is the backside of the front axle. you can see the black oil pan above the pin and the drain plug is just out of the picture to the right..
228666.jpg

Can you see the play around the pivot pin?
228667.png

I think i'm missing the 'Bracket' in the diagram above that is next to the pivot pin.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Justin - That's a collar that's welded to the plate there that the pin goes through then a cross pin goes through the side into a hole in the pivot pin to hold it in place.
I'd say what's happened is your axle pin was never greased and it locked up in the axle so it ripped out the weld around the collar bushing.

Ken, so there are welded collars on the front and back of the axle pin? The front one is there with a spring pin through it...

Justin - There's a long one with the cross pin then there's a shorter one that's NOT pinned , just as a guide.
Sometime in spring of last year I measured the pinned collar for Eric I think it was so that he could get one made.
Try the Search and see if you can find it, March - May should be time period.
Sorry but trying to network my PCs.

Kraig, thanks for cleaning up my post.
My tractor sits a couple hours away and next time I get a chance I'll get some better ppics of the front. The grill that I have for it looks like it came of a BBQ grill. Heavy thick wire.
The number on the tractor is 120737 and the motor is K241AS which is a 12 hp i believe.
Ya, it's a Frankinstein. LOL. The fenders are from a later chassis from what I was told from previous owner. It was used to pull pulling tractors to the scales during garden tractor pulls. It came with several implaments. The blade, mower deck, yard sweep, plow and disk. To top it all off the price was right...a 12 pack.
jawdrop.gif

Robert, wow, can't beat that price!
beerchug.gif
I believe that S/N puts it as May 1965 build which is later in the production run. The K241AS would be a 10hp, a 12hp would be a K301. I was asking about the cast iron grill frame, not the grill screen. In particular I was wondering about the holes in the lower part of the casting.

228670.jpg

Kraig - They're square like Charlie's head ! It keeps him from rolling out of bed
whistling.gif

I was thinking of that prototype too when I seen that frame. Was that for the front mount mower ?

228673.jpg

Sorry, you are right, I don't know where the 12 HP came from in my research. I need to learn the fancy picture stuff you do. I'll see if my brother can get me a good pic of the front for me.
Thanks for all the info so far. The next thing is to play with all the attachments and see if anything is missing..then hit ebay.
happy.gif

Rob B., dont forget we have a buy/sell section here on the Forum. Also have advertisers that sell <font size="-2">and maybe buy</font> tractor parts.
thumbsup.gif

Looks like it was a 147 frame by the flywheel on that tractor of Robert Brumm.

GETTING SOME WHITE SMOKE OUT THE BREATHER THE OTHER DAY ON MY NEWLY REBUILT 129 12HP 301A, CHECKED OIL LOOKED FINE. SEEMS LIKE IT IS GETTING REALLY HOT, WAS CUTTING THE LAW WHEN THIS HAPPENED, GOING TO CHANGE OIL TONIGHT CHECK SPARK AND THEN CHECK HEAD.
ANY SUJESTION. BEEN TOLD THAT THE NEW GAS MAY BE THE CAUSE? I AM PUTTING MARVELS MYSTRIE OIL ALSO .
THANKS

Dave- that is what’s called Blow by it’s when compression gases go by the rings and piston and in to the crank case. Did you rebuild the motor you self?

Latest posts

Back