• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin is right! I can see it now, some Nimrod trying to grab a 12' X 48" Oak log and rocketing off the seat. DOH!!!

Thanks guys for the insight on warning labels. I will definately take that into account. Got the plans done for the "TREE SHEAR" - hoping to get that built in the next couple of weeks. And here comes my .02 cents. Once you go with a CAT 0 three pint and move the front hydraulics to the back or put in aux. hydraulics - the possibilities become endless of what these great little tractors can do.

I can see AARON's Cubbies in about six more months.....He'll have 5-6 pair of remote hyd. outlets on each of them.

I agree, My 982 has a Cat. O 3-pt, VERY handy attachment. The Op's manual says it has a 400# lift rating a foot behind the end of the lift links, It handles more than that but not sure how much more.
I've got a 5 gal. hyd. reservoir out in the shop that's "Supposed" to be the start of an aux. hyd. power unit for the 70 & 72. It's been there about 15 yrs already... It's turn is coming up....someday!

Dennis, 5-6 ports would be awsome! Think of the things i can do. One thing that I do on all my hydro cubs is increase the pressure for the lift system. Stock is about 750 lbs. with a good spring - and I run between 1000# and 1250#. Been doing that for about 3 years and not a single problem yet.

Aaron S. You are coming close to deadheading your 15Us with the pressure that you are running on the top end. Life expectancy at that really begins to fade fast when you run them at that range. Much more and you absolutely are getting close to ruining the pump. As a gentleman at work told me; "We received permission to find out what top end is. We found out that when a pump goes it goes real quick and unexpectedly." I like him do not wish to see someone get hurt. 15Us weren't built to handle tough applications. Moving up to the next step would help only even they would struggle. I've been holding off saying anything only a tree shear using a 15U for the pump is going to really work the pump. Installing a higher pressure spring is again inviting potential injuries or expensive repairs. I truly don't wish to burst anyone's bubble however these pumps weren't built for heavy duty usage. To build a tree shear perhaps look into the same pump used for log splitters. This is just my humble thoughts. I am not trying to stir any ill feelings. Just stating from what I know about the 15U series. If I have any questions on capabilities then I can ask an engineer or someone very familar with these units at work. I know that I never say much about fixing or repairing a 15U. I have my reasons. In paticular I hold back because I don't know the person firsthand or of their true capabilities. I've found out first hand that sometimes trying to help someone can cause more grief when they try something that you DIDN'T suggest and they say, "Well, that's what he told me to do." I'm speaking up now so that problems down the road may be avoided.

Marlin H.
Not to worry. Aaron has Blast Blankets wrapped around all his hydro pumps!
clappy.gif

Only because I think he wants more kids later on.
biggrin.gif

Hello all, first post. I've been hanging around and reading a bunch of the information found here. Just picked up my first cub cadet. I have been a green/yellow man for years but have pretty much decided to change over. I plan to keep my 1963 110 though. I picked up a good running 107 and a parts 147 and decided to try something odd. I just wonder if I can steer it when finished. I plan to build a hydraulic dump bed using the hydraulics from the 147.

169190.jpg

I'm still in the fitting together stage right now. I will have it so I can remove the back half with bolts If I ever decide to. I'm working on the drive shaft now.

169193.jpg

TERRY - Welcome to IH CC.com. For what ever reason these old CC's seem to spark "Creativity". There's been several tandem drive axle CC's made. Been several yrs since I've seem pic's but I think JIM CHABOT, long time CC addict worked on building a CC grader, seems like He had a pair of K241 Kohlers, straight pipes, Hydro rearends of course, He had the engines timed together so the firing order was the same as a Harley. Last pic's I saw was of the first test run, haven't seen anything since and not much of Jim here for a couple years.

Also, can't remember who it was but someone built a tandem axle dump uility vehicle like Your working on. Seems like I remember a pic of it heaped up with firewood or something and it not being able to turn because the frt wheels were off the ground.

I've been hauling rock & dirt lately with my 982 & Pronovost dump cart. I hook the cart to the 3-point, not the normal hitch plate, and it pulls a lot more weight off the frt wheels, I had them a foot off the ground a couple times last week. Good thing I have steering brakes so I can turn, even on smooth concrete the frt tires just skim the ground and it won;t turn!

Terry, welcome!
groupwave.gif
Nice start on your project. I like custom Cub Cadets.
happy.gif

Archive Bug!
pcwhack.gif
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back