• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwynn

displayname
JOHNNY WYNN
Thanks Wayne and everyone! I'm always up for advice I've got a new mtd cub cadet but I'd rather use the IH 124. I'll probably ask a million questions on this forum. So bear with me. I'm glad I found this place.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 144
Hey guys, I'd like your thoughts on which is better, a 44c deck or a 50c? Does either one cut faster and/or throw the grass out better than the other?

44 will stay "tuned" longer, as the shell is more rigid than a 50. I think the 44 cut better as well....

My $.02

The 44 deck is by far the best deck especially for mowing around trees ect. and will cut better on turns.

I have another question. I removed the valves in this K321, springs and all. While cleaning the different parts I noticed the springs have compressed coils on one end. In other words, the coils are "tighter" or closer together on one end vs the other on both individual springs. My question is which way is up? I don't know why it would matter but there is a reason for everything.

TIA!

Thanks Doug for the quick reply.

I usually take pics but I've done this enough to know what to do so I skipped the pics. I just didn't remember about the springs. I just finished lapping the valves and now I can move on.

Thanks again.

Charlie,

Ummmm... WOW, that was...... interesting....

I think I will just stick with the one that was made for the tractor........

darn can't see facebook from work, someone post a pic please

This is the inventor!
303873.jpg

This is the creation!
303874.jpg

Attachments

• 303873.jpg
    303873.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 303874.jpg
    303874.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 303873.jpg
    303873.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 303874.jpg
    303874.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 150
Scott nope work blocks just about everything,

Now on topic,, his cub has a nice stack on it, and I see hydraulic lift just not sure how he uses it.

thanks for posting pics of that cub cadet Charlie

At least mine uses the sleeve hitch!!

303877.jpg

Attachments

• 303877.jpg
    303877.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 303877.jpg
    303877.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 162
That man needs a creeper doing it the way he does. It seems like the engine would overheat just idling and pulling that tiller.

I was mowing on Smokey, the 124 that smokes a little and the primary belt kept coming off (it's stretched a bit I guess but still in good shape). I'd drive it to the shop, put it back on and go back to mowing. The smoking fouls the plug after about 1 to 2 hours of mowing and it started acting up a bit so I decided to clean the plug. As I was screwing the plug back in it kept turning and now I have a brand new problem...stripped plug hole. I just need to drop back ten yards and punt. Out of about 30 units I have 3 that mow. The rest I use for towing have the pto removed and I need the garden workers for the garden right now.

Helicoil tomorrow!

New guy here. Been lurking for quite a while and decided to to come out of the shadows, You all have provided me with a lot of valuable info and I just wanted to say thanks. Working on cubs is a great way to stay in the shop and out of the wife's crosshairs. Now a question. What do you use to replace the filter material in the breather?

breather for the rearend ?

what happened to the old stuff

Crankcase breather mesh filter. I was wondering if something better than Kohler original material could be used.

Latest posts

Back