• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wes, Had I not been working I would of made it there,

Nice picture

Harry I have read the same thing Paul posted on QL

Paul and Jeff - well, it's interesting that "IH" would be the designer based on the never implemented the noise regulations. Do you think it was really Kohler's noise reduction efforts and IH "added" to it? Still wonder about the rubber ISO-mounts tho, which wouldn't assist in the noise.

Thanks David. I did get that clearance problem fixed. Then I ran into a more serious one, the hydro lift. There's more than just a "little" triming to do. In fact, I either need to hack some of the lift assembly off, or fabricate a new fan that will fit over the front yoke and use the same pins to attatch it.
bash.gif

JON STEVENS - I know you don't want to hear this, but I'd put a stock driveshaft w/rag joints back in your 782. Really for the loads imposed by those u-joints spinning @ 3600 RPM, the input bearings of the hydro pump will thank you. The u-joints are a LOT heavier and more than likely out of balance than the small diameter shaft IH used. The universal joints Dave Kamp used on his CC are not the answer to the problem. Just ask anyone who's owned an O/T 317 tractor for more than a couple years. Politely ask him "How many driveshafts have you replaced?"

WES - Bet you guys had a good time up in Beaver Dam. Had to laugh, you were actually closer to Reeseville! That's a great looking and working tractor & Plow Steve has isn't it?

Dennis, you're right! I DON'T want to hear that. Especially after I've already spent $130 in parts. The prices listed have went up since Dave did that, and I screwed up the first set of yokes. Now I'd have to buy a new driveshaft (already cut mine), the $140 coupler from Cub (I e-mailed Charlie, but he didn't get back to me), plus the ball bushing and the other coupler that attaches to the hydro pump. So the last thing I want to do is put another $300 into this. And I have heard of the problems with the OT 317's (and others for that matter). But at the same time, I don't want to have to worry about this for quite sometime. Even though my ignorance is what got me in this situation in the first place....

Dennis, I only took about 10-12 pictures of it sitting and plowing. There were also a few green ones that were very good machines. I wish I had the money, equipment, and talent to build something like that. Of course if I had the money, I would have had a diesel in the shed to play with and a truck to haul it with. I wish I would have had the 1650 and plow there to play with.

Charlie, I've used the "contact us" link every time, even went back through my old messages and it's the same addres. Don' know why you're not getting them.

Jon S.
There are no "Contact Us" on any of my websites.

BUT!!!!
I do know who you are emailing and it's not gonna turn out well for ya, LOL

Latest posts

Back