• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well goshes, Matt, that certainly clears up that question, Thanks a heap, Ken

Steve "B",

I'm just Lin'MAO just thinking of you in a Gremlin!!!

I guess I will throw my .02 in on the white paint. I feel that whatever you painted your cub with, your implements should match. If for nothing else than yer neighbors " hey look at that nice setup remark!"

Got the whole Sat. set aside for the 128. Picked up some Carlise Tru Power 23-8.50-12's today, hope to get them mounted tommorow. Sat. has been marked as cub work day! I hope to have some pics of the 128's progress in the afternoon. Happy Cubbin!
ihrotate.gif

hey guys can i stil get the goodyear terra tracs for the rear of my 129?

Mick C.-

Doubt it, that design is like 35 years old. The only Goodyear turfs I could find with a quick google search are the Turf-Trac tread pattern that is found on the late QL, 82 series, and later.

Hey Ken W,
Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not. If you were, then I think what Matt was telling you is that it is not a GARDEN tractor but a lowly lawn tractor that was pretty much designed only for mowing and pulling a sweeper and NOT ground engaging activities like plowing, tilling etc.
I don't know anything about the 1610 model, but I know it wasn't IH built. You might have better luck getting the information you want in the lawn tractor area of the forum or maybe the Cub Cadet Corp area.

Ken/Shane-

Sorry for the abruptness in my other post. The 1610 is a CCC-built lawn tractor with a plastic hood and vertical shaft engine.

Tom,

To paraphrase Kurt........"It was a low speed, high drag unit"!!!!!!

1976 Gremlin X with auto & air and a 258 2bbl Jeep motor.....in Alpine white (Whimbldon)

83087.jpg

83088.jpg

83089.jpg

83090.jpg

Cost me $300 and I drove it all though High School.......ugly, but it was cheap wheels!!!!!

Steve-
Was that a random IL tag or did you mean to get the "CIH 7150" . . . . did you call the Gremlin "The Magnum"??

Anybody moving snow this fine morning ? Its snowing here, but luckily only staying in the grass not on the driveway.

Brad S.
I've gotten reports like this one already over by Detroit Lakes and also over by Park Rapids.
I just spent 4 hours pushing and blowing show up here – sucks big time – worked the crap out of the diesel with the blower and then pushed the sides up with the blade.

Just started spittin snow down my way!

Well, does 14" of SNOW count. (Mitchell, South Dakota) Just got done with the 149 w/cab and retro-fitted single stage blower. It was a heavy wet snow, but still blew 5 to 35ft. I tried the cooking spray, not sure if it helped? although it has been slip plated before. Since I couldn't make the PD15 weekend I removed the blade from the 1450 and installed the deck. I then re-arranged the shop putting the 149 in the farthermost corner of the building. BUT, it was still worth the work to enjoy the snow and seat time. Everyone enjoy your yard work!!!!

AS far as Kraigs post w/ the motodecks, no i didnt. pulling a greenie, no problem!!!

Bryon-
I guess that means I'm not heading to Michell for my regular trip to Cabela's an Precision Reloading today
angry.gif

We got just an inch and quite a bit of ice just north of Sioux Falls. Hardly enough to bother starting a Cub.

Hi, New to forum.Has anyone ever replaced the original pto with an electric? This would be on a 125 Cub Cadet.}

Latest posts

Back