• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony, thanks! That's similar to what one of my coworkers suggested.

hi, I have a 1450 and i dont know much about the mechanics of the whole hydro thing. I did learn from this site that the hydro is lazy and I will try to fix it. One other problem is the coil gets really hot as soon as you turn the key ignition in the on position. Im not sure if its wired wrong or what, can anyone help me out with tips on these projects. Thank you
Nick

Thanks for the advice on fixing that lift arm- I knew there would be good wisdom out there. I plan to clean it up, sister up a new piece of .25 x 1.37" with a notch and weld it up. Hopefully it will go another 39 years without incident. I just acquired a free 6HP Jacobsen Snowblower. My wife was overjoyed! Dave

Nick P:

Here is a Wiring Diagram and Schematic for a Kohler Ignition Coil. If you have a VOM meter, you can check this coil out. I would suggest, that you check the coil when it is "cold" and then recheck it when it is "hot". The resitance values should be in the specified range regardless of temperature. If they fall out of range, then I would suggest that you replace the Ignition Coil.

35239.jpg

Question - does anyone have a suggestion on stopping / preventing oil leaking from the governor arm?

Thanks.

Talking about an original clutch----any options other than paying 200 bucks for a new hub?
Thanks in advance,
G.L.

Peter S. -

Yes - replacing the brass nut is a good place to start. And they're relatively cheap.

When I brought my grandfather's cultivator to plow days, the rusty blades plugged up.
Later, I tried to clean them up, but they were pitted. Nearly giving up, I primed and painted them with high gloss rattle can car paint that I had laying around. That the rusty cultivator worked fantastic after I painted it. (I helped a friend with landscaping)

Here is an scientific article that shows that painted plows work better:
http://www.cazv.cz/attachments/ZT_51_56-62.pdf
"It was found that for similar working conditions the enamel coating reduced
the specific draught by 20 to 26% depending upon soil moisture content."

So I'm going to wipe off the messy grease of my shiny plow and paint it. Then I can move it around and not worry about getting slimy.
happy.gif

If you have a plow that's rusty, just prep the surface for paint and I think you'll have a great plow.

Chris- Happiness is a shiney moldboard. Paint cann't cover up the happiness ya get when ya sink a shiney moldboard covered in grease. You shouldn't have to paint your cultivator to get it to work properly if it is set right.IMHO

Chris B....Tillcoat. Buy it. Spray or brush it on. Plow happy!!!

Paint is almost as bad to use as grease.

NOTHING plows better than a good land polish....

I just finished mowing for the fourth time this season and I have to say that the 44" deck on the 149 really cuts nice. This is a deck that essentially hasn't been used in 20 years. The blades are still reasonably sharp and I haven't had to adjust much of anything. I've used the tractor primarily for snow plowing so up until this season, the deck has been pretty much a novelty to me. My late great aunt (and original owner) used the mower in the late 70's and early 80's to work her couple of acres in SW MI.

Haven't used my plow for almost 2 years, coated with engine assembly lube, wipes off with brake cleaner. It's been sitting in a barn for that time and NO rust.

I got a phone call yesterday from my brother-in-law that he found 2 lawnmowers for $20 each. I went to pick them up today.
your_image.gif

125. I gave it a tune up, and new coil and she came to life. Just need to rebuild the carb so the gas stays in the carb.

your_image.gif

This was the other one. A Somplicity 3314H. I was told they are kind of rare.

Hi everyone I am new at this. I have a 122 and a 1250 that I am working on. Both run but are works in progress. what I would like to know is there a place where I can find a listing of shows, swap meet or tractor get togethers? I am in the Cincinnati Ohio area.

Ken- then why the heck was I able to go a few feet at Travis's this last PD and have a shiney moldboard and I always coat it with good old grease?? In fact my moldboard got more of a shine to it this year. I say grease it and be done with it some things are best left to time proven methods and grease on a shiney moldboard is one of them IMHO!!

Back