• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 24, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art, you mean like the welds that were on mine?
18114.jpg

18115.jpg

It's better now that my father-in-law spent some time with it and his welder!

A bead of bubble gum might have held better.........

Yea, but then again I didn't see anybody plowing so deep that the plow was just a bubble beneath the soil like a gopher on Caddy Shack...
roflol.gif

Steve B., did you happen to get the Brinly part number from Robb for the new 6-PAK 3pt adapter? :eek:)

Art,

Did you see the new Tiger Woods / Caddy Shack commercial and movie trailer for the American Express Card??????

FUNNY!!!!

Can anybody help me with some pics and shrinking them down to size? Just want to post some stuff i did over the weekend.

Remember the compressor talk we had a while back. Well one let go here some time this weekend when no one was around.....
18128.jpg

18129.jpg

18130.jpg

25 horse. I still can not figure out how one of the cylinders and rods servived untouched?!?!!?

(Message edited by till on April 26, 2004)

Tedd, that one now qualifies as an airless air compressor. :eek:)

How far did the pieces fly?

Tom R., I can reduce some for you, send 'em on over a few at a time so my slow connection isn't overwhelmed.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on April 26, 2004)

Tedd -- I'll fix it , send it down ... I'll melt that sucker !

RC -- that's what ol lady told me.

Tom R -- send'em to me if ya still needing it done.
mailto:[email protected]

Tedd-
Was that one of those oilless compressors? Oh well, at least it looks like you can use the airfilter on a 7hp cub!

So is management going to ask who was working in the shop this weekend when it blew?

Kraig -- are you sure you're down ¿ You're posting alot.
That broke weld looks like a 15' batwing bush hog I was pulling one day when the machine welds came loose because the paint cracked. Now if you'd had that on a jay dee it'd still look like new.

Art -- I bet Tedd takes that home and slaps some duct tape over the vent and uses it.

I quit now before Kraig thinks I got into some Chocolate Peanutbutter Oatmeal cookies
happy.gif

(Message edited by kweaver on April 26, 2004)

That compressor is FUBAR!!
Art, yes it was an Oilless compressor. It has roller bearings on the wrist pins and connecting rods. The main bearings are roller also.

Ken, I wish I could just duct tape it together, but at 25 horse 480VAC three phase it won,t fly at home. That and it is going back to the factory for a post mortum (sp?) It has a service life of 8000 hours and it only had 7420 on it!!

Kriag,
The furthest measured distance was around 8 feet. I'm glad no one was around.

Tedd-
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I still can not figure out how one of the cylinders and rods servived untouched?!?!!?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

That 682 I sold on the forum awhile back had a small hole next to the cylinder on the right side of the tractor, but it still ran. I've heard that many of them will still run on one cylinder.

Kinda like if you rip a salamander's leg off he'll still walk away on 3, only the cub can't grow it back!

Oh, BTW did I mention I am bringing home a 149 tonight?? My neighbor purchased it and wants me to go through it and set it up for him. KEWL Cub money for working on a Cub.
happy.gif

A while back Dave S. was looking for a good fix for his chute rotator "u-joint" I found this at McMaster-Carr part# 6445K3 $7.94, Die Cast Zinc U-Joint 3/8" Bore Diameter, 7/8" Bore Depth.

18138.jpg

Hello All,
It looks like some of you guys were having fun plowing. I look forward to going to one of these events someday. My 124 is almost done. I'm almost done painting the frame and body parts. The engine is all rebuilt. I should have it all put back together in a week or two. I have a second set of 10.5-12 rims for ag tires. I want to fill them w/ something for the added wt. what do I use and how do I get it in there?

Latest posts

Back