• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 24, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosborne

displayname
Chris Osborne
Don, I know what you mean about trying to find cub parts in this area. I'm across the straight in New Westminster, B.C. I spent a whole day running around the valley trying to track down the original dealer in the area - no luck. Just when I told I had hit pay dirt in terms of who now has all the old cub parts I found out that there were only IH push mower parts.

You can get real Hy-Tran and filters from Central Valley farm (Case IH dealer in abbotsford).

As for your carb...my 129 did the same thing - I took the carb apart carfully and cleaned all the little passage ways - pay clode attention to the float needle as they seems to get gummed up with old gas and cause the gas to run out as you describe.

You can get gasket material from princess auto to cut yourself a new float bowl gasket.

The sponsers (boxes at top of forum) have complete kits listed.

Charles -- Johnathan left out one thing - Go for it !

Hey JL -- I'm still reminded about our "deal" that I haven't fullfilled yet. Someday I may get around to making them again, I just hate that one thing so much ... I'm melting cast with propane in a crucible. I've been wanting to go to coke for a few years but just don't care much for the sparks that I had when I used coal. I can spit on the forest here so I'd have to do it with a big snow on or after a heavy rain - like what's coming! Coke may not be that bad since it wouldn't have the tar content in it or whatever that crap is. I ran out of propane today while casting so I need my kerosene burner working right as a back up. A lot of guys use to ask me about making weights but you really need a cupola for that much production. I've held onto 300 pounds of refractory for 4 years now to make one. Right now I'd just settle for getting these three cast made and sent to NY then getting back to my CNC project.
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">C</font><font color="ffffff">u</font><font color="0000ff">b</font> <font color="ff0000">C</font><font color="ffffff">a</font><font color="0000ff">d</font><font color="ff0000">e</font><font color="ffffff">t</font> <font color="ff0000">H</font><font color="ffffff">y</font><font color="0000ff">d</font><font color="ff0000">r</font><font color="ffffff">o</font><font color="0000ff">'</font><font color="ff0000">s</font> <font color="ffffff">R</font><font color="ff0000">u</font><font color="ffffff">l</font><font color="0000ff">e</font> <font color="ff0000">!</font></font> now I'm on topic

Wyatt,
Some of the Kohler magnums used a bolt on plastic fan. I used one from an M8 on my puller. It was the same daimeter as the NF 10-12 hp flywheeel.
I would think one from an M12-16 should work on the gear starter sized billet flywheel.

Jerry B,
That pic was posted by William DeTurk (geezer).
It was Tim Delooza's dad, Don. Tim is into Cubs,
Don is into deeres. Yesterday at PA PD3 Don was presented with a "john deere floatation device"
(inflatable life saver ring). He was also instucted that when he was plowing yesterday, to
make the furrow with the plow, not the tires.

Ken-I remember our deal - you will get to it one of these days.

The issue that I have with the cupola project is having enough people around when actually casting and sand. To really make it a worth while project to make wheel weights, you should really think of making 20 weights at a time. That means 20 flasks (cope and drags), plus the sand (that is the big part) You are looking at about a 1 ton of sand to handle and to mull. That is the hard part. I thought about making like a small "bunk silo" and then using a bobcat to mull the sand. I am experimenting with clay right now for the sand. I have been told not to use cat little, but my first testing shows that it is going to work for the quality that I am looking for. I just pulverize the cat litter in a blender. Since clay makes up about 6% of green sand, I will need 120 lbs of the cat stuff. (I use the super cheap wal mart stuff because there is nothing else added to it, just clay. On topic because we are using this set up to pour ih wheel weights.

Cheers

(Message edited by jluckey on April 25, 2004)

Good morning All :+)

It was fun meeting and visiting yesterday at Nick's. Although I didn't bring a tractor or plow I still enjoyed the day immensely. A BIG THANK YOU to Nick and his family for hosting the event.

Kevin D. ...I would be in the doghouse if I had bought that deck. I have to finish a couple of other projects first now before starting anymore. (Since we only have cats that would be a lonely old doghouse.

Charlie and Travis... I sent you both e:mails last night. If I don't hear from either of you by this evening I will call Charlie.

David, sure was. When Dan Hoefler says something was shipped, it was shipped!!

We had a little trash in the one field at PA PD3.
18069.jpg

Steve B,
Do you think your notched coulter would take care of this? I'm thinking about copying your coulter/bracket design. That is, if you will grant
patent rights. :)

Ken-
That green tractor on the front of my trailer isn't mine, it belongs to Mike Horn. Not only is he a heck of a nice guy, but he also is one of the guys who runs the WFM Spring Break. I'd haul his tractor any day...

A HUGE thank you to all the guys from WFM for their excellent work on this year's Spring Break. Also a huge thank you to Nick and his Wife (sorry, forgot your name!) for their hospitality and great concession stand.<font size="-2">Pictures to follow</font>

David J.-
Please don't air out your dirty laundry here!

David J,
Ya know, if you have a problem with travis or any of the sponsors, deal with them direct and leave the crap off here!!!!!!!!

Todd-
I doubt that much of any plow behind a garden tractor will clear corn stubble well uless the field's been run through with a stalk chopper, AKA BIG flail mower. Last fall I spent a little while on a SMD pulling 3-16's and more than once a round I had to get off and kick out some trash. Even bean fields aren't that fun if the combine didn't run a tailings chopper & spreader.

Now if someone ran a Mott flail mower on front while plowing better results might happen . . ., but that's using up a lot of power.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Now if someone ran a Mott flail mower on front while plowing better results might happen . . ., but that's using up a lot of power<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Hmmmmm......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wyatt,
I figured that was a little much. But it wasn't constantly plugging like that. Most of the guys took their coulters off. When that pic was taken
I had mine set pretty low. After that I raised it up all the way and it didn't do too bad. That field was picked corn. The other field was chopped
corn and it wasn't bad at all.

Wow, three posts since he signed up in September and nothing useful - just today's gripes...

This website is NOT Consumer Reports or the BBB, if you have an issue with a vendor, take it up with the vendor, DO NOT post it here.

One more post like that and I think Mr. Janssen will be history here...

Has anyone ever put a CH18 Twin kohler Command in a 100? Thinking about trying this, only kicker I can really see is the drive cup. Some frame and maybe hood mods might have to be done.

My 1962 cub cadet was hard to start and did not run well. I took the carb apart and cleaned all the parts. Now the governor does not work and I am still having problems with the carb.

For some reason I have to screw the high idle screw way out to get it started. After I get it started I can then re-adjust the carb and get the motor to run smoothly. However, if I shut the engine down and let it cool off, I have to go through the same process to start it again.
Also, as I mentioned earlier, the governor does not work at all ever since I first took the carb off the motor to clean it.

The choke works fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Don "B",
Don't be shy, jump in with both feet!!!!
I've got some "Goodies" going to B.C., so your not the only Cubber in the "Great White North".

Looks like a good time at the WFM's PD.

Completely OT, but...........Does anyone have the high speed version of Net Zero? What do you think of it? Computer shopping today, not too sure Dell is the best "deal". Any thoughts?

Tks Tom H. for the encouraging words & Calvin H. you have become my new cub buddy. I heard about a company in Van called Magnum sales, Have you delt with them?
As for my carb problem I had glass of wine & a good sleep hoping the IH gods would be kind & fix my carb but no luck I will take off carb and clean what I can so get ready for the questions. I will use the search & FAQ first but I have not had much success with it on specific ques. I need to play there more so I don't get 700 responses to go through(although I have learned alot)meanwhile I'm watering the grass in hopes of cutting it down soon. I guess I'll drive my Scout today instead...

Latest posts

Back