• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 24, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L Eric -- sounds like you didn't put the gov linkage back right. When something was but is not now working after you've taken something off it means the problem is the guy behind the wrench. Having to give it more gas with the idle screw , you may have a leak around your gasket or something blocking the passage.

JL -- that's my problem -- no help ! How many cool tools you think it'd take to get guys to stand around a 2800+Fº furnace ! I use the cheap cat litter for oil spills and I use Petro Bond for casting. I've thought about overhead cranes and rolling tracks but it'll take more $$ than I can put in it plus my health problems. Everytime I do something the ol lady hits the fan !

Art -- carry a can of water color spray paint !
happy.gif

If any one had a chance to see "2 Guys Garage" on speed channel they did a real nice job explainig how to calculate comp ratio. I also liked their statemaent that if you are running race gas in a engine under 10.5-1 you are throwing your money away. a flat head kohler is about 6-1

Nick Q., thanks for allowing the WFM Spring Break to be at your place, you have a great setup. Thanks for the tour of your shop and collection. Hope your father is doing well, I'll be keeping him in my prayers. I'll email a few high resolution photos on Monday.

Mike H., Robb K., Mike S., Al Z., thanks for putting on the WFM event.

Hugh S., thanks for the turkey dinner and those bars!! You were going to share the recipe weren't you? :eek:)

Art, thanks for the ride buddy, I couldn't have gotten there and back with out ya!

Charlie, thanks for the WFM photos so far and for the gift, <font size="-2">my right arm also wishes to thank you for the gift!</font>

Kevin D., that Original engine you had on the pallet, um please put my name on it if it isn't gone already. I'll email with some details on Monday when I get to my PC. Thanks. :eek:)

I'm posting from my parent's house and don't have any photos with me but watch tomorrow for a "few" WFM photos in the "Weekendfreedommachines Spring Break, April 24, 2004" section that Bryan and/or Bob so kindly set up for posting photos.

Details on the video and photo CDs to follow in the next week or so. *See* ya all on Monday.

Oops! Kevin D., almost forgot to thank you for delivering my parts.

Don V., thanks for getting them to PD7 and for storing them for so long.

Kraig-No problem on the delivery,I'm glad to be part of the "hauling network" finally. I'll stamp your name on the engine,it's not going anywhere. Thanks....

I have some thanks to pass out.
Travis, thanks for the 3 point.
Art, thanks for the deck.
A big THANKS to Steve B. for haulin my stuff back to the flatlands. And for letting me bend your ear today. I'm glad to be part of this mess.

Had a Great weekend at the WFM Spring Break. And here is the recipie for the bars that we served on Friday night. Now Kraig can sweet talk his wife into making them for him when he is making his latest release from his Vidieo Emporium!! Think between him and Travis they ate over 1/2 the pan!!!! Now we know why Kraig was walking so much on Saturday and the diesel didn't slip!!LOL This recipie makes enough for a cookie sheet with the sides on.

Chocolate/Butterscotch Bars

2 2/3 Cups shortening or butter
2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Brown Sugar
4 Teaspoons Vanilla
4 Eggs
6 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Soda
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Cups chopped nuts
2 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
2 1/2 Cups butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 375*. Mix shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla thouroughly. Add dry ingredients. Add nuts and chips. Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes.

Todd-
A field of corn that went to sileage would be fun to plow with. I wouldn't think there would be much for trash problems and pulling through the corn's roots might prove to be a little taxing on Cubs, that would have been fun.

Don-
I didn't see the show, but a similar one was on Popular Hot Rodding, explained rather well. I think one thing that the shows really miss the boat on is exactly what detonation is and then show how octane can help.

K321 block is back from the machine shop, pictures to follow on the hotrodding page later this evening.

Kevin- Maybe all of your "salesmanship" paid off on the engine sale to Kraig.

Can someone tell me which n.f. steering columns will interchange? I need on that will fit a 70/100. Thank You

can someone tell me the trick for signing on the "for sale" board? I've been trying to post ads for my 120 and my original. I'm planning to move soon.

Hello All,
It looks like some of you guys were having fun plowing. I look forward to going to one of these events someday. My 124 is almost done. I'm almost done painting the frame and body parts. The engine is all rebuilt. I should have it all put back together in a week or two. I have a second set of 10.5-12 rims for ag tires. I want to fill them w/ something for the added wt. what do I use and how do I get it in there?

Johnny S,
If you'd like to post to this area, you'll need to purchase a membership (the free membership will not work) - please check the signup page for instructions.

Go to the For Sale page and click on the sign up page.

Kevin-
I was "talking" with Kraig about that engine on the way home yesterday. Looks like it worked..
wink.gif

Hugh-
Not that I'm any "skinny-mini", but every time Kraig would say something to me when we were at your house, all that would come out was "mfffft" followed by a shower of crumbs! I'm thinking he liked the bars!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

BTW...Thanks for the get-together!

Jonny Sunshine-
The "for sale" section on this forum is a pay-to-play part of the forum. Click on the blue letters at the top of that page to sign up.

Back under edit: I type WAY too slow!

(Message edited by aaytay on April 25, 2004)

What are some of you guy's opinions on using the
not floating lift straps on a brinly hitch for plowing verses the floating straps? At PD3 yesterday, I started out with my 102 with manual lift. I was having trouble getting the plow to "suck in". If I reached back and pushed down on it, it helped make it go deeper. I tried adjusting the crank up and down and tried different speeds and nothing helped. Then I put
the same plow on my 149 and it worked perfectly.
The 149 has hyd lift. The only other difference
is the 102 has 8.50 firestones and the 149 has
10.50 carlisles. I had them both with the brinly hitch in the middle hole on the lower bracket.
I didn't try changing that. I was just wondering
if the hyd lift might have been helping put some down pressure on it. The float is locked out but I was using the floating lift straps on the 149.
I was wondering if the non floating straps might help on the 102.

Todd-
Keep in mind that the "float" in those lift straps is only....what....1.5"??? After that you're forcing the plow in the ground if you've got the float-lock pin in.

All-
Along the same lines, as Todd's post...
Should the Cat-0 hitch on my Super have down pressure with my plow on the back? I know the lift links have about an inch of float, but what about from the rockshaft?

Todd-
Did the sleeve hitch adapters both use the same of the three holes on the 3-point bracket? That can make a big differnce. The only other variable is that if the tires on the 102 and 149 are differnt width AND the tires ran right up against the furrow wall, the plow can take a differnt bite.

Unless your 149 has the float lockout pin engaged your 149 still had the plow floating.

FWIW my 12" plow never did well until I adjusted the landslide out slightly with the jam screw under/behind the frog. It couldn't have been but a couple degrees but it seemed to make the world of differnce.

Art- No float on the 3pt on the super between lift cyl and rockshaft.

The 782D style has a slot at the rockshaft end to allow for float, but the super 3pt has no slot, only the 1" or so at the lift links @ the bottom of the arms.

Art- Kraig reminded me of a guard dog when he was standing by the pan and my wife told him that there were more in the pan besides what was left on the plate. I think all had a good time. I know I did what more could we ask for than good food, cool tools and good friends to have good conversation with?? I know I took my share of jabs for the hat and shirt I was wearing along with the light switch plate in the garage.

Maybe I should have had the 1450's engine ready for reassembly and we could have had an engine rebuild and install marathon.

(Message edited by hsimon on April 25, 2004)

(Message edited by hsimon on April 25, 2004)

Had a great time this weekend!!!
Nick Q and the Deere Boys thanks for the land and another excellent plowing event.
Steve thanks for driving and hauling all the cub stuff(even though it rained most of the way home)
Last but not least, Travis and Dee, Thanks for the accommodations and parts.

Travis, next time the 966 with bail forks to load you new best friend's car.

Back