• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, heres the pitch. I adjusted my front pto with the gauge and it still is engaged when I try to start the 106. Fortunatly I have an extra one in the garage that has not been touched that I'm going to put on it tomorrow. I do have a brass button on order and should recieve it in the next day or so, because the one that I got last year didnt do so swell due to the pto being ill-adjusted. Should I keep trying to adjust it or just rebuild it? Sorry to Charlie for not ordering the button off of you but I found a better price! I will have to wait on the rebuild kit but just wanted everyone's .02

Trying to give my 1650 an extreme makeover. So far no problems however, one question I had was is the hydraulic system the same as the rear end fluid. If this is all right, the filter is a no brainer but my dumb question is where do you drain and refill the hydraulic oil. Any help appreciated.

"Sorry to Charlie for not ordering the button off of you but I found a better price!"
I Bet you were voted "Mr. Sensitivity" in High School....
coffee.gif

I could hear it now..."Sorry Beth, can't take you to the prom...Mary is skinnier and better lookin.."
150329.gif

Kraig, Lloyd, I have used permatex "aviation glue" for the rear end plate before. After changing the plow to tiller setup enough times, I got tired of the hy-tran leaking. Real thin coat on both the rear housing and the cover plate, wait till it tacks up and put together with the gasket and no leaks. A good thin, even coat won't squeeze out and makes a good seal. A couple of other manufacturers make it also. It's a brownish gasket maker, sealer that you brush on. Never had any problems with it. Used it many times before when I used to work on big trucks and heavy equipment also. Nick
150332.jpg

There's probably lots skinnier than Charley...I'll leave the rest of that to somebody else.
angel.gif

Frank S., Get yourself the smallest tube of valve grinding compound and a rubber suction cup dart from a kids dart gun. Work the dart on top of the valve like you would twist a stick to start a fire. Cheep, easy, and new valves should be lapped in anyway. Assuming you don't need valves. From your pictures you don't.

I am going to look at a 1979 1200 c with a mower. It looks to be in good shape from the pics. Any thoughts on this model or things to look for. I currently have a 149.

Loren P,

The hydraulic system and the rear end are the same system. To drain the fluid you remove the rear cover from the diferential and drain the fluid. Clean out the residue from the bottom of the housing. Get a replacement gasket and reinstall the cover. Refill through the plug on the back cover until it is level with that plug. Which is 7 quarts.

Kendell I.
Button? I guess I missed somethin somewhere. LOL
Sensitive? Uh-Huh, ya sure you betcha.
My nickname in school was BOMA, lets see ya figure that one out.
Course I missed out on the last 5 months of high school, but they did send a copy of my diploma to A Yun Pa for me to see.
clappy.gif

Latest posts

Back