• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave my 104 a small nose job.

150283.jpg

clown.gif

I need a my seat redone.I want to save the look. Who is doing this work?

Jason , here is a planter I used to own , made by brinly . I had a couple that had two hoppers also
150286.jpg

I just got a warm, fuzzy, Kraig M. feeling. I got a call about a subject that I'd got some info and pics on in 2004:
150288.jpg

I was able to retrieve a pic and pass on the info. For what it's worth (a lot, IMHO) this tombstone is in OxBow, Maine.
I didn't want to start a SANDBOX thread, so I'll try to keep on topic by mentioning that this all interrupted my first attempt at rebuilding a starter generator. It's been a looong time since I've undercut the mica on a commutator!
old.gif

Maybe I WILL start a Sandbox thread. Any objections to "LEST WE FORGET"?

Frank,
1a_scratchhead.gif
not sure what you mean by a "warm, fuzzy, Kraig M. feeling"
icon_eek.gif

Richard, not sure if this guy is still doing them (Charlie might know as he originally posted the info), anyway click HERE and scroll down about halfway. Also, if you still have the blue edging take VERY good care of it as it is no longer available new.

Charlie, any info on the seats?????

Kraig: (
dunno.gif
) It's an anti-CRS thing. Having the mental capacity to retrieve pics (as you do so often) is a talent I can appreciate.
greenthumb.gif

can someone look at pics of my engine, with the head off ,and tell me if i should do any work on it? besides scraping off the carbon.

this started out as quest to fix a stalling under load problem, and progressed to removing the engine, because there is no way to remove the front blower housing without removing the pulley, which cant be done in the tractor.
now that i have it all apart, i figure i might as well fix whatever else it might need.
so far, i found a huge mouse nest under the blower housing,blown head gasket, leaking carb bowl gasket and a broken stud lead on the coil.
im going to remove the pulley, housing and flywheel while i am at it.
can anyone think of anything else i should check?

i am going to cry, if after all this ,it still stalls under a load.

it is a Kohler K301A on on a 128.

i have more pics i could post here, and a video i could post somewhere and link to it, if you need to see more.

ok. lets see if i can figure out how to upload pics.

thanks everyone.

150302.jpg

150303.jpg

150304.jpg

150305.jpg

Frank (nice name, means "honest"). "Scraping off the carbon" is such a harsh term. How's the head look? If it were mine, I'd turn the crank until the piston was TDC, both valves closed, and use a solvent (oven cleaner, if necessary) and a stiff bristle brush to remove the carbon. I'd clean the carbon from the head the same way. My .02 for now.
beerchug.gif

P.S. Ya done good without the links.
lol.gif

give me a minute, i will post a pic of the head. have to go get the camcorder again since i was not smart enough to do it while i was there.

every time i reload the page the number of pics i posted changes, not sure if that is on my end, or the forums. but that reason, and the fact that i have about 15 pics total, is why i think the link might be better.

Frank its hard to tell from the pictures make sure you have a good Valve seal turn motor over and look for cylinder scoreing .

Frank you can use thick grease to seal the piston and use Mineral spirits pore around valves check for leaks. While at top dead center Valves closed.If they don't leak they should be ok.

High guys. Got the shift lever cover off and here's what the interior looks like.

The C bracket on the right side, top in the photo, was loose. Can I just realign it with the one on the left (bottom in pic), tighten, and try again?

John Diem, While Frank is in the neighborhood anyway wouldn't you go ahead and lap the valves since it's time rather than money?

Frank & Richard Yes I would do a valve job while apart not a big beliver in lapping them but if money or time is a problem yes I would Lap them . I would Also check the rings. I would put Head back on And do a leak down test and you would know what kind of shape the motor is in. Leak down tester available at Harbor Freight for 35-40 dollars and are easy to use.

Latest posts

Back