• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 21, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tilled with both. I take the manual trans any day.

I like the constant speed my 128 gear drive IH Cub Cadet has. The 12 horse power has plenty of power.

My Dad purchase a new 1450 with a #2 tiller back in 1977. I always had to move the direction lever back and forth since it was new to get any constant speed. I fall plow my garden and uneven ground in the spring makes for a real pain to till and level with a hydro.

It doesn't matter what Cub Cadet you are using when it comes to hard soil. You have a good chance of getting pushed.

My wife has no problem with a hydro tiller seems rather easy for her.

303725.jpg

Attachments

• 303725.jpg
    303725.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 303725.jpg
    303725.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 102
I also agree that the manual trans/creeper is a plus....but it better be one with hyd lift!!!!!

My "Super Tiller" is a #2 with a #1 Right and Left extension and sealed bearings on each end of the housing, making it right at 50" wide. It attaches to the cat 0 3 point with my version of the MTD tiller QA kit. Buried to a full 7" deep, it makes the 20hp Magnum in my 2072 work for a living, but it is a joy to run!!!!!

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/22774/251573.html

here it is with his name and what some other site person changed
thanks thad

Hi everyone my name is Clarence. I am a 1966 International Harvester Cub Cadet 122 12 hp. I still retain my original power plant which is a cast iron block Kohler K301AS 12hp electric start. Some other specs are a 3 speed transmission with a high and low range creeper gear, manual lift for implements, 23x8.50x12 rear tires and 16x6.50x8 front tires. I have a weight of 800 pounds. I was born in Louisville Kentucky in February of 66. I was sold as a basic no frill machine. My price then was $905.

Most of my history is a blank so we will start where my history is known. I was purchased by Ron in 2001 or so to help with yard work. I was used for that for several years until I was having issues staying running so I was parked . After several years of sitting, my current owner Thad saw the benefit of using me so I was pulled out of my parking spot. I have received TLC and have been extremely useful for my current owner on the 4 acres. I have plowed dirt, moved snow, mowed the lawn and pulled trailers around the yard. I still wear my work clothes and will wear them proudly as I am used weekly for some yard work .

I have had several accessories added to me. They include headlights and taillight which was a $31.25 option, wheel weights which was $12.75 option and I also have a spring assist to help lifting the various implements. My other options include creeper gear which was $45 option. I also have 3 point hitch which was a $14.50 option, high flotation front tires which was $11 option and a sleeve hitch adapter which was $12.

I also have several other attachments Brinly tt100 which is a $22.50 attachment also I have a Brinly pp100 plow which was $55.00 option. Some other attachments include Brinly cc 525 cultivator which was $48 attachment also a 38inch mower deck which was a $139 attachment.

All that added up would have been 1,296 dollars in 1966 that would be 9,639.51 in 2016. As you can see they were expensive but they were your precursor to your sub compact today. They were built to accept ground engaging attachments.

If you want a vintage tractor but do not have the space to keep a big farm tractor consider a vintage garden tractor. Thank you all for your time.

Doug A,
I don't believe you can use the bolt on mule drive on a QA machine. However, I have used my 42 inch cast end deck from my 100 on my 127 by simply using a QA mule drive with the pin on hanger and deck. Changing the mule drive is a simple swap. So all you really need is a QA mule drive, and they are not hard to locate.

Latest posts

Back