• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsauve

displayname
dean sauve
The last filter I had that was stuborn I could drive a steel rod threw and spun off. I never thought of the air hammer and the air line ran passed me.
whistling.gif
Either way it sure doesn't leave much of the filter.

will a hydro rear end from a wide frame fit in a narrow frame? Just a crazy idea. It might rank right up there with the thatcher built from a junk number2 tiller.

Lonny B. send them wideframes my way. There is nothing like working on something that is easy to work on
coffee.gif

Jim S. You didnt forget "righty tighty, lefty loosey" didya?
lol.gif
. I have come across many a tight oil filter, but have not seen the air hammer method til now!

Tood,, RTLL is right even metric didn`t change that, and well WFrames always welcome here in N.S. Canada
coffee.gif

Dsauve I belive got the last wide frame I had around here and I dont plan on letting anymore on the property unless they sneak in when I aint home.

Gotta love the wf hydros, strong, quiet, reliable, and easy to repair.
bubbly.gif

Lonny, John and I might have to bring the three wide frames up for a visit some weekend.
asthanos.gif

So let me get this straight....

82944.jpg

I spend all night long saying some choice words to this old Narrow Frame while trying to remove the PTO and I get to come in the house to read this NF vs. WF stuff????? Come on....
bash.gif

Oh, and Charlie you'd better update the FAQ, a previous owner of this tractor found a new place to put the PTO anti-rattle springs.
<font size="-2">I bet they don't rattle when you put them here!</font>
err.gif
LOL!
beer2.gif

82945.jpg

Yeah Art but you are working on the best type of tractor...and you won't have any problem getting that darn hydro filter off...or the hydro to stop leaking...

I now have a 782D PS...darn hydros...better add a turbo so it can keep up with the 71.

Art,
Aint much chance that going to rattle in that place now is there
roflol.gif

Dean,
It'll be a few more weeks befor the ground over here is dry enough to turn over in the garden.
Are yoou by any chance comming over for the plowing event next month ?
Chippewa Vally Heritage Day event

Art -

Lemme know how it goes with getting those big truss head screws off the mule drive! I heard an impact driver like the brake job guys use may be helpful...

gary lee turney - No, I don't think it will. The sears plow only fit their armstrong lift "3pt hitch."

if it makes you folks feel any better i had somone siphon out 1/2-3/4 tank out of my snapper sitting by the side of the road for sale.

guess the gas issue has gotten to everyone.

cub is still down though

theo

Art, I agree, that belongs in a "How not to do it" section of the FAQ.

Don T.: This is what I was up to when you called this morning. As you can see, it's still way too wet to do a good job, but got some seat time and learned the value of the implement lift lockout clip. This 123 steers easy, even with the fat tires on front.

82952.jpg

Don T,

I had the same problem getting the Hydro filter off of my 169 rebuild project. The filter was still an IH filter so it hadn't been changed in years by PO. Ruined two oil filter wrenches from Walmart (Reminder: don't buy cheap tools made in China anymore!). Finally got it off an old Snap-On oil filter wrench that is made with quality materials and good design.

Got some seat time this past weekend tilling the garden at my mom's with the #1 782 and the rear mounted tiller. Those IH tillers do a great job of working up the soil. I wish dad would have bought one of those years ago when we had our dealership. Sure makes short work of tilling the garden. Had time afterwards to help mom get the early garden stuff planted.

Kraig -

To clarify: When you've installed a PTO clutch bearing with a snap ring in place, there have been no problems with the bearing not being flush with the end of the shaft?

Matt, I did not install them, a mechanic at a Cub Cadet dealership installed them. Both worked fine for many many years. I removed one because the PTO clutch disk had worn out after ~14 years of heavy year round use. The other had worked fine for ~8 years and was still OK, I only removed the PTO because the S/G pulley behind the PTO clutch had come loose.

Latest posts

Back