Archive through April 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Donald your 100 looks sharp.
I finally got my decals and mine looks swwwwwweeeeeetttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ill try to get some pics after track practice some time this week.
As far as new mowers, it depends on what it is. I haven’t dealt with many new diesels but I have dealt with the Kubota diesels and they are pretty mean. As far as new mowers, in general I have used many of them and do not care for too many. Right now, we have Kubota, simplicity, cub cadet, hugsvarna, lesco, husky, craftsman, and some echo string trimmers, and hugsvarna chainsaw. of these that we have now the cub cadets suck, the lesco is borderline, the simplicity is ok, the Kubota’s are pretty good (especially the diesel engines), the craftsman sucks, the echo are fantastic, the hugsvarnas are ok, the husky has sat for a few years now but was ok when last used.
This is not even half the mowers I’ve used over the years, so I’d say I’ve used a few mowers.}
then theres my good old 1964
ihrotate.gif
cub cadet 100 that is so freakin awesome, as well as my brothers '63 CC 70

Kraig, is there a piece of paperwork that you don't have yet?

Crap someone got the first line while I was typing.

As far as the greenies go my dad has 2 I learned to drive on one and stilll take care of them. He bought my 1250 for cheap from the green dealer and then gave it to me when mom wouldn't drive it cause it wasn't green. Now when I go home the "Deere Hunter" runs circles around that green stuff. Just prove that "Nothing runs like a Deere" the cubs run Better. That cub mows circles around his stuff. The cub is even less maintenance and less fuel hungry.

After finaly landing a new job here in Kokomo, I went home and celebrated by plowing the garden at the new home, I plan to turn the garden more lengthwise to the rear fence when I get the PTO tiller for the 982. Cheers Mike

82538.jpg

Steve K.-
Yes, the 982 did come with a 60" deck, and it's a mowing machine! I have an 1872 (basically a yellow and white 982 with power steering) with that deck. It's fantastic.

Don't worry about Charlie, I think he's been eating too much fiber with this new diet he's been on, and that makes him crabby....
rant.gif

David C-
Thanks for chiming in on the rear tail-light discussion. I had saved your previous post from a few years back with that info and was planning on reposting it if we didn't hear from you.
happy.gif

Jerry, yeah all the guys reading this forum have some papers in their back pockets that I don't have! Some of the papers have a 1 some have a 2 others have a 5, 10, 20, 50 or even a 100 on them. It sure would be nice if I could gather all those up and put them in with my collection of <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> stuff for safe keeping.
whistling.gif
Seriously, I'm missing all sorts of <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> stuff.

Dennis..
The 110's 7hp demise was most likely to my dad's lack of oil changes and grass in the fins.... The 149 ran from 1973 until 2 years ago, mowing 3 acres of lawns a week, tilling garden for fun and profit, plus other duties, when i pulled the 149 apart for a cosmetic rebuild.... ran good..

Charlie,

I found those square taillights at my local RV parts dealer....

NAPA has some reflectors that look similar to O.E. truck-lite part # 1570, but you will need a couple small holes to mount them to.

DEAN - "Just proof that "Nothing runs like a Deere" the cubs run Better." I've said that about a few FARMALL's too!
ihrotate.gif

Now Where's Wyatt with His leaping goat or sheep trademark.....
lol.gif

KRAIG - Could You post a scan of one of the one-page spec. sheets for say a 122 or 124 GD NF CC? A friend of Our's needs some information off it.
Shift.gif

you know Kraig I am getting old enough that that took a second but I must agree. I could use some of those also. Going to be looking for cheep CCO decals real soon. Any ideas?

Wow, that fishing lure looks familiar . . . so does the leaping sheep logo.
<font size="-2"><font color="ffff00">As they say in Moline "Nothing screws like a ewe"</font></font>

Denny-
Charlie got me what I needed. If I get a chance today/tomorrow you should be seeing a spreadsheet from me by email.

I need some help
does anyone now if there is a kit to put wheels on the front of a 44inch deck. i have seen them on a 50inch. The metal runners keep messing up my lawn.

DON - I bought a set for My 50" deck on the 982 last summer.....I "THINK" They're the same kit..just different dimensions to weld them onto the deck.
WYATT - Your not supposed to make "So-and-So, You have mail" posts. It really P-O's the moderators!
rofl.gif
....Now I know how Ken & Art feel.....getting e-mails from Charlie all the time! My e-mail is always open!

KRAIG - That's sure an attractive tractor on the brochure You posted. Really stylish grill!

Latest posts

Back