• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug A (and Kevin C) - hold your horses, something is screwy. That FAQ that Bill identified shows the Governor on an Kohler AQS series engine which is must later series than a K241 in the 104. Your initial response was correct, about "loosening the pivot bolt and rotating the angle bracket".

Harry-The AQS engine has the pivot on the blower housing and has an adjustment screw and lock nut to increase the top RPM's. That drawing looks like the A adjustment to me.

Doug A., Harry B. - Is this what you're talking about?
303622.png

Attachments

• 303622.png
    303622.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 303622.png
    303622.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 122
Doug A - now you got it.

Kevin C - where'd ya get the pic? (I think you solved your own problem, just needed the correct answer to go with the pic)
beerchug.gif

Gary C - sounds like you got your hydro whin resolved. Did you discover any easy to explain steps you can provide? I think your terminology was fine.

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 127
Doug, because if they used a hex head it would occasionally hit, (if on uneven ground and the axle pivoted up), on the drag link on the left side spindle cap so they used them for both sides.

Doug, after a little further digging, they spec the slotted truss head screws only for the rear position on each side with cap screws for the front position on each side. In my experience it's only the rear position on the left side that an issue. I have used a cap screw in the rear position on my 125, even with the QA mount I have it bolted on as it seems to hold the subframe in position better and reduces wear on the mounting points. Anyway, I have on occasion when mowing rough ground and the axle pivots up on the left side had the drag link catch on the screw head.

Latest posts

Back