Archive through April 13, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vince - Thanks. Hope to get it finished this weekend, but still need a few parts. Expecting a delivery from the parts fairy any day now. Although my daughter's 2000 Chevy Cavalier crapped out at college an hour and a half from here, so part of my "spare time" will be spent hauling it home to get it fixed. Also have to do some frame & body work on my 1976 Harley Davidson electric golf cart. Yeah, I usually just refer to it as my Harley because that sounds so much more impressive, but since I'm among friends...

I'll post some pics of the 1250 whenever it's finally done.

Frank S.

Your exhaust valve could be sticking because of the over heating condition.

Frank i had that problem on my #2 127 yesterday. I found the head fins completly stopped up with junk from a mouse nest. Also a blown head gasket and a lot of carbon buildup on the piston and valves.
149895.jpg

149896.jpg

Frank S.

Has the tractor been stored for some time?
You could have a mouse nest in the engine shrouding--keeping cooling air produced by the flywheel not reaching the cylinder & cylinder head.

Years ago, I don't know how many scored pistons on snowmobiles I replaced for people that had mouse nest problems.

Hey guys, will a brinly sleeve hitch that came off of a 70 fit my 100 ?

Dave

Dave H.

It sure will. All the narrow frame tractors use the same three point and sleave hitch.

Randy

Can some one post the link for model # and implement sit I think it is in the FAQs but did not see it.
Thanks mike

Dave H: Hmmmm...Just FYI:...It's an "IH 3-Point Hitch". The IH 3-Point Hitch is a an IH 3-Point Lift combined with the Lower Hitch bar and thus IH called it a 3-Point Hitch. There isn't a sleeve anywhere in sight!!!

The Brinly Sleeve Hitch Adaptor (not an IH product), on the other hand, is a separate "U" shaped device, which does have a sleeve on it and is used with the IH 3-Pt Hitch for attaching yoked implements (like Brinly plows, harrows, etc.).

PS: Yes,I know that those great agricultural equipment experts in the Cleveland "big city-boy" Headquarters of MTD have mislabeled it since 1982. Didn't make it right then and doesn't make it right now. But we can get it right....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Latest posts

Back