• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roland - As many of those castings that I've welded up I don't remember seeing those spring notches. Now you've got me curious and I'm going to have to wade through the mud (man did we have rain!) to go out to the shop and look at the 3 or 4 I have on the shelf.

Terry - That 147 looks like it's in good shape.

OK , found it on one of my pics. No muddy feet
happy.gif

55005.jpg

There's a Classified section with Wanted to Buy for parts that you may need. There are ALSO SPONSOR buttons above for ordering new / used parts and manuals.
USE THEM!

The sponsors pay to have their links up there. When ppl ask where they can buy parts and don't first try the sponsors before asking it makes the sponsors ask why they're spending money for the links. The sponsors pay the light bill around here so we don't have to.

Mowed my yard for the first time this spring, and the cub loved it, even the hills. I noticed some tranny lag, how do I repair the chevy lookin thing on my trunion to fix the problem?
Also, I got the lights on my fenders hooked up, I'll post pictures later.

I bought the cub off eBay for $150. This listing read:

"This is for a Cub Cadet 147 with electric lift. Have not heard it run. Motor turns by hand, easy, maybe to easy, may need rebuild. Needs rewired or the wires hooked back up. Don't know it the electric lift works or not, looks as if it is all there. Has a mower deck under it. Good project tractor, lost interest in fixing it up."

I figured what the heck I have another engine off the 147 #3 I could use to get it running.

Turns out the easy compression was because of the ACR valve. Today I changed the oil and fixed the wiring mistakes and it started right up and runs great. Sound very solid. Not a bad deal!

I got back from Iowa this afternoon an boy howdy! What a great time, didn't plow this time but had a blast hotroddin my ntm 1200 around.
THANK YOU CHARLIE!!!!
I still have to attach the 3-point,(got as far as the top piece yesterday will finish this week), wire up the lights and adjust the brakes. She'll be a nice one when I'm finished.
Wish Kevin D's camera didn't screw up loading the pics on his computer, took 140 some, just disappointing. I'm glad it was another very successful plowday. Just wait till the fall, the ground won't know what hit it!! Happy to see all there, Maybe next time I'll be more outgoing and actually strike up a conversation with someone, I'm like that alot.

Thanks Myron (and Jim L). The lift handle is actually off of the tractor so I can get the PB into the threads. Is a replacement rod available? I didn't see any way to put a new on in without cutting (or grinding) the bottom of the assembly. I'll keep soaking with PB and if worse comes to worse I can cut the rod an re-weld or braze it . Thanks Brian L

Latest posts

Back